• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA Shotgun Match - New Bedford - Nov 22, 2009

Looks like you guys had a great time. Do you guys use the same chokes for all stages? Same shot?

Some folks changed choke tubes, depending on the distance to some of the targets. They were all close enough today so you didn't really need a tight choke on any of them. I shot everything with an IC and didn't have any issues with knocking stuff down. 7.5 and 8's ruled the day for me.

The match looked like a lot of fun. I should have let Rob and Mike push me around on the cart.[smile] I'm sorry I was unable to shoot.

I also want to thank everbody who helped break down after the match. There was way more work at the end of this match than a typical USPSA pistol match. The help was really appreciated as we used all our walls, steel, and sandbags - which are all either big or heavy. We were all pretty beat when it was done but we know we'd been that much more if it wasn't for all the help. THANKS!

Have a great Thanksgiving -

We'll see you all next year!

I will - tomorow - I'm going to bed now! Actually that was the first video I've uploaded from the new computer - much faster and easier.

great match! not too bad for a fat slow guy ;-) sorry the flippers dint work out no one ever asks for them not go higher than 15'. I think the saigas are gonna be the way to go for open if they ever get them 100%. but that was my last match with an open shotgun. the gun and all the gear are for sale. see u next year in limited. what do you think scott, lim vs. open?

Matt,
multigun is even more fun. Multiple guns with lots of rounds in the same stage! You just have to be willing to get in the car and drive.

I agree. The few multigun matches I have shot have been some of the most fun at matches I have ever had. Most of them have been at Pioneer (MRA used to do small ones years ago and IIRC I shot one at Harvard some years back too).

great match! not too bad for a fat slow guy ;-) sorry the flippers dint work out no one ever asks for them not go higher than 15'. I think the saigas are gonna be the way to go for open if they ever get them 100%. but that was my last match with an open shotgun. the gun and all the gear are for sale. see u next year in limited. what do you think scott, lim vs. open?

The guys def. had some cool work done to their Saigas. I saw a couple of mods I would like to do to mine.

I do think the sticks can reload just as fast if not faster than the detachable mags. Either way I saw some great shooting / handling during the match. Always cool to watch.

BTW - thanks for the pointers Chris!

Anybody else's thumb killing them today from stuffing shells in the bottom of their 1100? I jambed mine a couple of times for sure. [laugh]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom