USPSA training class any planned in central mass?

Looking for a USPSA intro class in central mass

are there any scheduled for the beginning of 2023?
Only club I know of that ever had an intro USPSA class was Hopkinton. In years past it was usually in the spring if I recall.
@BostonBullit @SJan would be the guys to ask but I suspect they’ll know better sometime next year.

If you’re safe drawing, holstering, keeping finger off trigger when not shooting, or when doing reloads etc, and willing to help tape and break down at end of the match, I say just show up and give it a go. That’s what I and many others have done. Just my $0.02

The Hopkinton Heavy Hitters used to put on a 2 day class each year. It covered everything... Actually too much information for many. There was live fire drills on the first day after class time, and a 3 stage match on the second day.

The class hasn't happened for a few years now because the return on investment wasn't there for the club and/or the class organizers/ instructors. A very small percentage of the participants became regular match attendees. Those that did, would have even without the class because they had more often than not already attended one or several open practice sessions at the club.

These open practices will start back up on Wednesday evening as soon as weather and daylight allow shooting outdoors, about mid March I think. You can learn the basics there, the safety rules, the range commands, basics of scoring and such stuff.

The Hopkinton Heavy Hitters used to put on a 2 day class each year. It covered everything... Actually too much information for many. There was live fire drills on the first day after class time, and a 3 stage match on the second day.

The class hasn't happened for a few years now because the return on investment wasn't there for the club and/or the class organizers/ instructors. A very small percentage of the participants became regular match attendees. Those that did, would have even without the class because they had more often than not already attended one or several open practice sessions at the club.

These open practices will start back up on Wednesday evening as soon as weather and daylight allow shooting outdoors, about mid March I think. You can learn the basics there, the safety rules, the range commands, basics of scoring and such stuff.
I'm a graduate that stayed around. But I think they don't want to admit it.

I know it's not uspsa but in the spring there are IDPA classes around. Woburn has one and Pembroke-Old Colony. Harvard might too.

Not Central MA, but check Marshfield. They do a class (free), for those that never shot USPSA and want to shoot USPSA there.

Back
Top Bottom