• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA vs IDPA

Awesome! I joined USPSA 10 days ago and still havent gotten my info packet yet so I guess that proves how busy they are. I missed my first classifier today at Hopkington . Do I neeed to shoot a classifier before I shoot in a USPSA match? PS..Thank you all again for being so helpful..

NO

Awesome! I joined USPSA 10 days ago and still havent gotten my info packet yet so I guess that proves how busy they are. I missed my first classifier today at Hopkington . Do I neeed to shoot a classifier before I shoot in a USPSA match? PS..Thank you all again for being so helpful..

Short answer is NO

Every USPSA match you shoot will include one classifier stage. Until classified, you will be an unclassified shooter. Stay in the same division each time you shoot.

From the rules (in part)

To receive an initial classification, a member needs to
have at least four unduplicated scores in the USPSA classification database prior
to the monthly reclassification procedure. If there are more than four scores on
file, the best four scores of the most recent six scores will be used. Scores are
sorted according to the match date to determine which scores are the most recent.
For matches that are Level I Specials, the scores are further sorted by the score
percent in descending order. In doing so, the lowest scores from a special will be
the first scores to drop out of the most recent scores on file.
After a member has earned a classification, the classification system will look at
the best six unduplicated scores of the most recent eight to evaluate the member’s
current classification percentage.

Back
Top Bottom