Utah man repeatedly chases neighbor's Airbnb guests away with shotgun, gets arrested

Reptile

NES Member
Authorities reportedly found 27 guns on his property
There are better ways to handle neighborly disputes.
Authorities arrested a man in Utah for allegedly threatening guests at an Airbnb rental property located near his home. The disgruntled neighbor has been accused of chasing away some of the guests with a shotgun when they mistakenly pulled into his driveway.

Airbnb hosts need to say what driveway.

I'm actually a bit surprised chasing someone with a shotgun in Utah isn't legal.

I mean all he did was chase them.

🤓

Right?!? Utah checks off all the boxes. No permit require to purchase. No registration. Castle Doctrine. Stand your ground. No AWB laws. All good. Hell, the only restriction is for concealed carry requiring a permit for handguns, and even than's a misdemeanor if caught violating that one. lol. You'd think that this action would fall into the "just being a responsible land owner" category given that backdrop.

For what that numbskull
Authorities arrested a man in Utah for allegedly threatening guests at an Airbnb rental property located near his home. The disgruntled neighbor has been accused of chasing away some of the guests with a shotgun when they mistakenly pulled into his driveway.

All the neighbor needed to do was fence his property, install a locking swing-bar gate across the driveway and post a few "no trespassing" signs. Cheaper than legal fees, court costs and a permanent criminal record that could erase his 2A rights.

He was simply doing what our next president asked him to do. C'mon, man...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mztxHgYQo

The guy next door does Air BNB. Pretty good move on his part. Although I feel as though he way overpaid for the house, he comes for like one week each summer, maybe another weekend or two here and there, and rents it out for $2500 a week the remaining weeks of the summer season.The value of homes around here has increased.......considerably in the last bit. For the most part the renters are respectful and quiet, but it does cut down on somewhat wandering around the backyard in my undies.

Or, you could keep wandering around in your undies, word would get out, his business would drop off, and you'd have more privacy.

Of course, I don't know what you look like IRL, but I've met some NESers, and going by that sample....

[laugh]

ETA: for all you people saying that "Utah is too restrictive,"....he chased people REPEATEDLY, before they grabbed him! [laugh]

Last edited:
Or, you could keep wandering around in your undies, word would get out, his business would drop off, and you'd have more privacy.

Of course, I don't know what you look like IRL, but I've met some NESers, and going by that sample....

[laugh]

ETA: for all you people saying that "Utah is too restrictive,"....he chased people REPEATEDLY, before they grabbed him! [laugh]

That was a typo (or possibly a commentary). In the article, the guy "reportedly" chased them off. Which isn't so unreasonable since they were coming onto his property. Possibly he could have been a little more polite.

ETA, ok the article uses both words peppered throughout. Who knows... From his mug shot, he doesn't look like he "blends" with the community, which may REALLY be why he's in trouble...

how stupid must you be to not only be a prohibited person but actively drive people out of your driveway with a shotgun.

Back
Top Bottom