• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UTAH PERMIT

Hi has anyone recieved there utah permit from they april class, is it me or it seems like a while ago.
thanks Dean

RESIDENT PERMIT~ Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont

I will look for the article I posted here on NES on the Utah Governor & Legislators challenge soon... Again, Utah is not good in Maine...

RESIDENT PERMIT~ Alaska, Arizona, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont

I will look for the article I posted here on NES on the Utah Governor & Legislators challenge soon... Again, Utah is not good in Maine...

I have a ME permit, but it doesn't help me where I expect to be next Spring. Alaska, Arizona, and Vermont, don't require permits do they?

Just to clarify, a non-resident ME permit is only good in ME?

I have not received mine either and I sent in my stuff a few days after I took the class. I think the application said it could take up to 12 weeks though.

I took that Utah permit class, and sent application in. My check was cashed pretty quickly but have not gotten permit in mail yet.

I believe that both cover (almost) the same states. I am not sure what states are convered offhand, but I know a quick check of the map at handgunlaw.us will show you which states are covered by each. I think the real difference is that Utah is a little bit cheaper to get but you have to take a Utah CCW class whereas FL is a bit more expensive to get but the MA LTC class is enough to obtain it. Someone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I am just starting to look into getting out of state licenses.

Hi just got off the phone with utah dept of safety, a very polite rep told me they are slamed and are running between 60 & 75 days.
Keep the faith.
Dean.

While we all tend to get anxious waiting to get our licenses (when we're not irritated at the idea of having to have them in the first place), bear in mind that the polite, efficient people who'll answer your calls in Utah and update and reassure you are the same people who would otherwise be processing your applications and mailing you your licenses.

Ken

has anyone had to re-submit their finger prints from the april class. just wondering if they'll let you know right away or not. like danboSMASH said we have been waiting patiently.

How hard is it to get an out of state florida CCP? According to the US carry website you get a few more states with florida's than Utah's. No?

Looking at the FL web site about reciprocity, "(4) These states will honor the Florida concealed weapon license ONLY IF the license holder is a legal resident of the State of Florida." http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/FORMS/ReciprocityList.pdf
I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV.

So the way I read the FL application the FL out of state permit only gets you FL. Am I reading correctly?

How hard is it to get an out of state florida CCP? According to the US carry website you get a few more states with florida's than Utah's. No?

Florida looks easy. You don't need to take any more classes. You can get a Florida permit even without a MA permit. Although without being able to buy a handgun it wouldn't do much good. I have the florida application. It took a week to get the application. They send a nice packet. I haven't acted on it yet. You have to get finger print cards done for FLA. I also have the NH application so I will probably spend my money for that first, since I will use NH more than FLA. Then get FLA later in the year.

Last edited:
The Florida NR permit gets you the ability to carry in all the states listed except Colorado, Michigan, NH and SC.

And since Florida does not honor ANY NR permits from any state, you cannot carry there unless you have a FL NR permit. For example, if you have a Utah NR permit, you cannot carry in FL. If you have a Utah RESIDENT permit, you CAN carry in FL.

According to the reciprocity map, if you have a MA resident carry permit and a NH non-resident, the NH non resident gets you more reciprocity than the MA ticket.

Go figure.

Last edited:
The Florida NR permit gets you the ability to carry in all the states listed except Colorado, Michigan, NH and SC.

And since Florida does not honor ANY NR permits from any state, you cannot carry there unless you have a FL NR permit. For example, if you have a Utah NR permit, you cannot carry in FL. If you have a Utah RESIDENT permit, you CAN carry in FL.

Correct..BUT Michigan accepts resident permits from any state..so Mass LTC is good there...Colorado you can Open Carry, even in your car (except Denver), and South Carolina you can throw in your glovebox...No luck with NH..you need there permit....

Back
Top Bottom