• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Utah teacher shoots herself in the leg: Just great

It's been legal to carry in schools there forever. There is this incident and are there any others? I don't see a problem here. Nobody else was hurt. Just an accident. People have accidents all the time. Car accidents, train accident, plane accidents, boat accidents. Yes and ND. Nothing intentional. Next time leave the safety on.

It's been legal to carry in schools there forever. There is this incident and are there any others? I don't see a problem here. Nobody else was hurt. Just an accident. People have accidents all the time. Car accidents, train accident, plane accidents, boat accidents. Yes and ND. Nothing intentional. Next time leave the safety on.

The reason I'm worried about it is that these things get blown out of proportion and used as excuses. I figure you don't shoot yourself without doing something dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

In other words, I don't think it is of itself a big deal, but I'm betting it will be blown out of proportion.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't worry until a major network covers it.

Hopefully they don't. But I'd be suprised if there isn't a blowhard on the 10pm news talking about how we are all in danger cuz of teachers with guns.

i bet it was a relvolver she dropped on the floor and it hit her in the leg. or she was playing with it and pulled the trigger like an idiot

Last edited by a moderator:
This makes my point that the gun stay in a holster at all times. Cheap holsters dump the gun when you drop trou and thus folks fiddle with the gun and NDs are the result. My holster stays on my belt (or in a pocket) as does the gun so not an issue.

My daughter taught 5th grade 10 blocks North. There are more guns in Greater SLC schools than you would imagine. Still a better track record than most Metro PDs with regards to NDs

This story wont have legs. We are going back to Iraq to help keep the U.S. Senate Democrat. The media will spend lots of effort blowing the Commander-in-Chief and trying to make him look presidential. An ND in a school wont compare to all the cool carrier video etc to keep the morons feeling all fuzzy and patriotic.

This story wont have legs. We are going back to Iraq to help keep the U.S. Senate Democrat. The media will spend lots of effort blowing the Commander-in-Chief and trying to make him look presidential. An ND in a school wont compare to all the cool carrier video etc to keep the morons feeling all fuzzy and patriotic.

Yup, Utah... + no dead toddlers = media meme value = 0.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom