• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UV-5R Simplex Settings

Hey guys,

I'm able to hit the local repeater (Greylock 10+ miles away) however I'm trying to do simplex with my father probably 5 miles away with the UV-5R, and no go. I think its a settings problem. Can someone post simplex settings for chirp? or how to enter them manually?

Appreciate it

Good luck with simplex over a five mile path with two handhelds and an obstructed path. This would work great if one of you were on high ground and in the clear or if one of you had a base/mobile with a superior antenna. You are getting into Greylock because of it's superior site, elevation, hot receiver and high gain antenna. The repeater is doing all the heavy work of pulling out your weak signal.

Hey guys,

I'm able to hit the local repeater (Greylock 10+ miles away) however I'm trying to do simplex with my father probably 5 miles away with the UV-5R, and no go. I think its a settings problem. Can someone post simplex settings for chirp? or how to enter them manually?

Appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom