• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vacation to NH

Hi all,
I am traveling to NH for vacation in August. I live in MA and have my LTC. I wish to bring a handgun with me during my short trip there, but didn’t know the rules of this being someone who lives out of state. I see that NH essentially does not require firearm license and allows open or concealed carry. I tried to find the answer to my question online but could not. Will this be okay if I bring a firearm with me?

Bring the gun, disregard law.

tenor.gif

It's a free state[thumbsup]. No LTC needed. No duty to retreat. No duty to Inform an officer.

Edit: Disregard what's below and read the experts comments that follow.
There's only one way NH is worse than MA. Per my CCW app, in NH those "no guns allowed" signs are enforceable. I'm sure the law prescribes minimum requirements for how visible sighs are, but I couldn't find it.

Last edited:
It's a free state[thumbsup]. No LTC needed. No duty to retreat. No duty to Inform an officer.

There's only one way NH is worse than MA. Per my CCW app, in NH those "no guns allowed" signs are enforceable. I'm sure the law prescribes minimum requirements for how visible sighs are, but I couldn't find it.
Your CCW app is wrong, NH doesn’t have binding signage, it’s a trespass standard state like most others in the region. (You have to refuse to leave someplace to actually be in violation).

"But, Officer, it says right here on my app...!"

Need new app...

Do you mind if I ask which app you're using? I think there are a couple out there.
It's called CCW – Concealed Carry 50 State It's $2/year. I haven't done an extensive search, but it seems to work pretty well. I haven't seen it steer me in a direction that would get me in trouble.

Mainly I like the gratification of seeing the states my permits get me through reciprocity, and the anger for the states I can't carry in.
Screenshot_20210630-093850_CCW.jpg

It's called CCW – Concealed Carry 50 State It's $2/year. I haven't done an extensive search, but it seems to work pretty well. I haven't seen it steer me in a direction that would get me in trouble.

Mainly I like the gratification of seeing the states my permits get me through reciprocity, and the anger for the states I can't carry in.
View attachment 497409
I thought you were talking about a PP application. NH's carry laws are pretty much the most simple in the country, if they got that wrong, I wouldn't trust anything it says.

View attachment 497409

Holy cow. I always wondered who paid for.these apps. Lololol

I am going to bet the app authors/maintainers were misled into believing the RSAs that yap about posting property against hunting are somehow binding signage. But if you get into the weeds its pretty obvious that the two things are not related.

This question is asked by 86.42% of the non-GREEN folks, 61.22% of which already know the answer. Jack.
(Jack's really pissed-off if he's resorting to floating-point).

Screw the Cannoli, we need cash. Especially up in Coos.
In Coös County,
the dots stare back at you.

Disregard signs.
You cruel bastard,
you're setting him up for a ride that can't be beat.
What if he violates NH RSA 219:7?
[rofl]

That map brings tiers to my eyes.

Holy cow. I always wondered who paid for.these apps. Lololol
Operating operator recognizes Out Yourself Thread.

Awesome. Thanks for all the answers guys. As you can imagine I take firearms seriously and did not want to break any laws. Appreciate it

OP's in luck; at least Jack has calmed down from floating point to mixed numbers.
Hey! Here I sit managing the Mill from home due to the screwed up back. I have my computer, printer and all the files. Don't take me long. So I get bored and look for ways to make myself look like a dimwit here on the forum. Seems to be working. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom