• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Value $ help on a Peter Stahl 1911 Pachmayr 22 cal.

I have a Caspian 1911 lower frame with a Peter Stahl 22 cal pachmayr complete top end.

I see these were offered mid 80's as complete guns, but can't find a solid value on these so am stumped what I should ask for it as a complete gun.

Can anyone weigh in on this, it's in very very nice shape! From what I can find online it should be >$1000, somewhere up to $1,600 in some cases.

image.jpg

Can't answer your value question but I had never heard of these until you posted this afternoon. I asked a friend who I thought might know and he did know a little. Said they were very nice quality and accurate. Do I understand right, it was originally bought from Pachmeyers as a complete gun? My buddy said hes only seen just the upper .22 conversion unit in the original Stahl wooden box go north of 1200 dollars in good, used condition. Mated to a 1911 frame by Pachmeyer Gun Works, could be worth some money and worth it to did deeper. Take that value for the unit only with a grain of salt. Sorry I couldn't help you but good luck finding your value.

Can't answer your value question but I had never heard of these until you posted this afternoon. I asked a friend who I thought might know and he did know a little. Said they were very nice quality and accurate. Do I understand right, it was originally bought from Pachmeyers as a complete gun? My buddy said hes only seen just the upper .22 conversion unit in the original Stahl wooden box go north of 1200 dollars in good, used condition. Mated to a 1911 frame by Pachmeyer Gun Works, could be worth some money and worth it to did deeper. Take that value for the unit only with a grain of salt. Sorry I couldn't help you but good luck finding your value.

I agree on seeing pricing >$1200 on random 1911 sites, just don't know if its on the lower end or if this Caspian lower with Peter Stahl Pachmayr set up maybe in worth a bit more. I have to make some calls and will also reach out to Mike LaRocca as Quiet recommended.

Another piece of useless info, I have a Fred Roche built Kart .22 conversion unit, slide & 6" bbl, he built on an Essex frame with a lot of work done to it by Roche like front strap stippling, long trigger, trigger job...pull is superb and a few minor cosmetics. I was offered 1200 sight unseen recently, by someone who last saw that gun when I bought it in 1988 I believe. I'm the 2nd owner. I don't know how the two units compare, yours and mine, but I've seen the Kart unit, slide and barrel sell in as new condition for mid $400 range on gun broker. Sounds like you have something special. Hope you post back when you talk to mike.

Back
Top Bottom