• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Value of buying AR15 Lower FTF in Mass vs. at an FFL

Bill of sale?

Whose business is it if any money changed hands?

Aside from the DOR, IRS and AFT if they want to convince a jury you're trafficking federally-regulated gun parts.

For a seller CYA, I’d be surprised if people are not at least completing a bill of sale. A FTF transaction of a serialized lower without an FA10 doesn’t somehow obliterate the chain of ownership.

How so? How is the lower connected to the seller? If it was not FA-10ed to them in the first place?

I think there is value in this.

There is no electronic record.

Both buyer and seller must have a LTC.

Granted if used in a crime and the police look it up they will find a trail if the previous owner bought it from a FFL.

Of course if you build up this AR - you have to FA10 it.

But if you just keep it as a stripped lower this might be a good idea.

Any thoughts?
no, it will never be a good idea to pay a $1500 F2F for a 'post-healy' lower that costs $80 new.

No. And frankly, if I were still in MA, I’d never EFA10 a built firearm again after the FRB doxxed everyone. Registration is supposed to be illegal and is unconsitutional. Registration is the step right before confiscation.
A lot of people stopped FA10ing anything after Mauras little decree in 2016 nevermind now.

How so? How is the lower connected to the seller? If it was not FA-10ed to them in the first place?
What Toast said. If it was sold as a serialized lower, it came from an FFL. If we needed FA10s to trace guns, the ATF wouldn’t be able to trace any gun outside MA.

Ok, so lets say that if I bury a FTF bought lower - getting it FTF would be ideal.

I actually have almost all my guns buried in 4 different states.

I'm just looking to keep my booty less traceable.

If I ever have to dig it up - it's Go Time anyway so registration wont matter at that point.
The guys in the van outside his house…
1CE2DDDB-E91C-4BF0-9C3B-942195FB1D2E.gif

NES…

View: https://youtu.be/eGyu6uNFtxw

Back
Top Bottom