Vehicle Undercoating

Done right , now how much you think that would cost to have a business do it!
Did you use a special salt soap,
Yes I used a special cleanser that dissolved salt
As far as a business doing it they would have been better equipped then just me with a Jack and Jack stands so some time could be saved but this is $1,500 dollar job. If not more.
It’s a lot of work
It’s not something I could see a shop justifying the expense to most customers because they wouldn’t understand why the high cost vs other spray and go places. I also doubt most places would be willing to commit so much time because it would slow down the turnover rate of the vehicles.

As far as a business doing it they would have been better equipped then just me with a Jack and Jack stands so some time could be saved but this is $1,500 dollar job. If not more.
It’s a lot of work
It’s not something I could see a shop justifying the expense to most customers because they wouldn’t understand why the high cost vs other spray and go places. I also doubt most places would be willing to commit so much time because it would slow down the turnover rate of the vehicles.
Exactly but these places doing a $350 spray what you see are not doing you much if any good.

It’s a lot of work
What was the cleanser?
I was prepping my truck for treatment and ran out of time. I wanted to do what you did but apply a rust converter first.
The average temps have fallen below product application recommended temps so next spring it will have to be. The amount of crud I have been blowing out of the cracks and crevices is almost never ending

What was the cleanser?
I was prepping my truck for treatment and ran out of time. I wanted to do what you did but apply a rust converter first.
The average temps have fallen below product application recommended temps so next spring it will have to be. The amount of crud I have been blowing out of the cracks and crevices is almost never ending
I got mine from NH oil but there are others.
Here is a link

anyone ever hear of this or use it?

anyone ever hear of this or use it?

POR in an environmentally safe formulation? 😂

Just picked up my truck. Smoked like crazy until I hit the highway. I guess everything that was going to burn off did. Lol.

One before. Two afters.

I think he did a good job.

I’ll keep going every year.

2018 GMC 1500

Only $325.00

1684274159161.jpeg

1684274193488.jpeg

1684274313844.jpeg

Last edited:
Just pick up my truck. Smoked like crazy until I hit the highway. I guess everything that was going to burn off did. Lol.

One before. Two afters.

2018 GMC 1500

Only $325.00

View attachment 753249

View attachment 753252

View attachment 753253
Looks good!!!

Just keep the power washer away from it. On my Chevy truck the Fluid Film softened the factory undercoating. A power washer or even a putty knife will take it off. After a few months it firms up a bit but never as hard as it was originally. If you take it through any car washes decline the under carriage washing.

But it stays put through puddles and anything mother nature throws at it. I have been doing it every year now for about 10 years and no rust at all to speak of.

It is such a shame to see so many New England cars and trucks that still run well turn to junk because of the crap they are using on the roads these days. That brine that they spray to pre-treat the roads in winter is the worst. That stuff will rust out a new car in just a few years if you do not undercoat or do something to protect it.

Looks good!!!

Just keep the power washer away from it. On my Chevy truck the Fluid Film softened the factory undercoating. A power washer or even a putty knife will take it off. After a few months it firms up a bit but never as hard as it was originally. If you take it through any car washes decline the under carriage washing.

But it stays put through puddles and anything mother nature throws at it. I have been doing it every year now for about 10 years and no rust at all to speak of.

It is such a shame to see so many New England cars and trucks that still run well turn to junk because of the crap they are using on the roads these days. That brine that they spray to pre-treat the roads in winter is the worst. That stuff will rust out a new car in just a few years if you do not undercoat or do something to protect it.
Thank you.

Yes, he mentioned staying away from the under carriage wash.

You would think the manufacturer would come up with a solution.

But I’ll keep doing this from now on.

It will be interesting to see how it holds up through next winter.

Thank you.

You have a nice heavy coat on there, he did a good job.

You are set for at least a year..........

Thank you.

they did it made it out of warranty

You have a nice heavy coat on there, he did a good job.

You are set for at least a year..........
It’s a heavier coat than I was expecting.

Super nice guy. I am not disappointed at all.

And for $325.00 I’ll do it twice a year if needed.

But I think/hope this takes me through to next spring.

Just picked up my truck. Smoked like crazy until I hit the highway. I guess everything that was going to burn off did. Lol.

One before. Two afters.

2018 GMC 1500

Only $325.00

View attachment 753249

View attachment 753252

View attachment 753253
for $325 I guess thats what you get, I would want the tire dropped , those wheelwell liners removed and even pop out the head light and tail light assemblies the cost will go up for all that though. In the end if your happy thats all that matters

for $325 I guess thats what you get, I would want the tire dropped , those wheelwell liners removed and even pop out the head light and tail light assemblies the cost will go up for all that though. In the end if your happy thats all that matters
Yup. I have no concerns.

I used to pull the tail lights out of my 2013 every spring for the big spring rinse. I was always amazed how much silt and crap got up there.

In hindsight I wish I took the fender skins out before getting the NH oil coating, but damn do I hate putting in fender skins!

One before. Two afters.

2018 GMC 1500

Only $325.00

Apologies if I missed it but who did this job? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom