• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Velis for State Rep

Here are some answers to my questions to John Velis (D) Westfield.
Monday 1:44pm
Please state your position on gun control. Are you a gun owner?
What is your position on the assault weapons ban?
Do you feel teachers should be armed in schools?
Do you feel Police Chiefs should decide who gets a pistol permit ?
Thank you.

13 minutes ago
Dan thanks for your questions. I will get back to you on specific answers to your latest questions. For your information; I am a Captain in the US Army Reserves and just returned from a deployment in Afghanistan specifically Zabul Province. I staunchly believe in the 2nd Amendment and believe that Massachusetts as a State already has significant gun control laws on the books and I will be more focused on the issue illegal firearms in the hands of criminals rather than any measure that makes it any more difficult for law abiding citizens to exercise their freedoms to bear arms.

Thank you captain for your service, and thank you for taking time to answer my questions. I await your reply to my specific ones.
Please forgive my skepticism,State Rep Naughton, Former Senator Brown, and Candidate Gomez all gave similar answers to yours. They have, so far, been a disappointment to 2A supporters.

I realize that 'issues based" voters are a small part of the voter population, but please bear in mind that 2A supporters are VERY active, and also tend to fall into many voter demographics.

I find your answers vague and full of buzzwords that we have before form "Friends on the 2nd Amendment"

Please share any information you would like with me on your specific questions. And I will get you as specific as an answer as I can on them.

I hope to read some more specifics, It would be nice to have some new faces on Beacon Hill, instead of the same ol' party politicians

As I stated in my original question: Are you a gun owner?
What is your position on the assault weapons ban?
Do you feel teachers should be armed in schools?
Do you feel Police Chiefs should decide who gets a pistol permit ?

Last edited:
As I stated in my original question: Are you a gun owner?

I don't like asking anyone that question and if I were him, I wouldn't directly answer that question. It's a personal question and an extremely sensitive one. Think about it - would you want a stranger asking if you owned guns? There's no level of established trust.

Concealed means concealed.

I don't like asking anyone that question and if I were him, I wouldn't directly answer that question. It's a personal question and an extremely sensitive one. Think about it - would you want a stranger asking if you owned guns? There's no level of established trust.

Concealed means concealed.
Asking someone if they own a gun is no different than asking them if they own any other type of tool. I never asked about his personal protection plan, or if he keeps a spare key hidden somewhere. It is a simple question and if you want my support, I want my questions answered.

I am a gun owner, and I won't hide behind the veil of "PerSec"

Asking someone if they own a gun is no different than asking them if they own any other type of tool. I never asked about his personal protection plan, or if he keeps a spare key hidden somewhere. It is a simple question and if you want my support, I want my questions answered.

I am a gun owner, and I won't hide behind the veil of "PerSec"

Great for you. But a politician usually has:

1. A publicly posted home or office address
2. Is extremely publicly visible (as in target)
3. Many people he doesn't know or trust asking him questions

Ever hear of the old thing called "burglary"? It'd make him look like a moron if someone broke into his house and stole his guns.

Great for you. But a politician usually has:

1. A publicly posted home or office address
2. Is extremely publicly visible (as in target)
3. Many people he doesn't know or trust asking him questions

Ever hear of the old thing called "burglary"? It'd make him look like a moron if someone broke into his house and stole his guns.

Good point. This should explain the rash of burglaries that plague politicians whilst they are constantly updating their whereabouts all over social media.
Thank you for your input, perhaps I should have phrased my question: "do you have an LTC?" would that be a suitable question for you?

Take a look at my pst in the other. Dan Allie has busted his ass to support 2a and fight for our rights. Where's Velis been? Both are vets so the vet card is moot. Btw the hand outs that are at all the local ranges and shops are his creation. All your questions are easily answerable on Dan. Yet Velis not so much and giving a shit bag response is even worse. Whys he need time to respond later after he types that shit out? Because he's going to run it by the political machine to see what he should and shouldn't tell you. All he gave you in what is already out there in his press releases. Replacing very pro 2a Humason in one of the highest concentration ltc cities in the state and is green no less. No wonder he's "pro 2a". Talk is cheap.

I know Dan, I know his track record re:RKBA.
We need to expose Velis.

So send him back I don't give a flying **** about your military career or where you were deployed to. You are both veterans and you are running for the peoples seat not veteran of the year. Answer the ****ing questions because saying you are a vet answers nothing besides you know how to handle and shoot guns. If every member of the military upheld the oath then Katrina confiscation would have never happened and most likely oath keepers would never have been created by by Stewart. So what's with the delay in answering my questions and giving me some half ass bio.

Politicians really just piss me off and Velis comes off as a big ****ing slime ball. Hmmm I'm in the military look at me. Well guess what Scott Brown, Kerry, and McCain come to mind. STFU and answer the questions.

Back
Top Bottom