Vermont High-Capacity Magazine Prosecution

I'd still rather own the mags and take the possible hit...
Prisons are easy now. Not like the 1800's. [rofl2]

As Stalin's head of security said, "Show me the man and I'll show you the crime!"

Hopefully this Vermonter isn't some racist lowlife, and the high cap mag charge sounds like BS.

So it appears to me that there is no Runnings store in Vt, via a web search
I’ll assume ( yes, I understand the frailty of assuming) the Vt State police went to the store in NH, where basically they have no power of authority
If the owner rolled over w/o a warrant, he will lose a volume of business, as he should, IMO

So it appears to me that there is no Runnings store in Vt, via a web search
I’ll assume ( yes, I understand the frailty of assuming) the Vt State police went to the store in NH, where basically they have no power of authority
If the owner rolled over w/o a warrant, he will lose a volume of business, as he should, IMO

Don’t need a warrant if the store decides to cooperate.

[rofl]

If they didn't have a warrant I say Boycott that store..

Other thing I wonder is you can't write a warrant across state lines, so a NH judge would've had to grant it? Lame if so.

And honestly even with a warrant I doubt investigators would've found what they were looking for without the store trying extra hard to cooperate.

If they didn't have a warrant I say Boycott that store..

Other thing I wonder is you can't write a warrant across state lines, so a NH judge would've had to grant it? Lame if so.

And honestly even with a warrant I doubt investigators would've found what they were looking for without the store trying extra hard to cooperate.

This one has got me confused.

Certain court orders like subpoenas will not have any validity across state lines. For example, I know a RI witness subpoena has no power over a Mass witness. Other state court orders like judgments for debts will carry over state lines. Arrest warrants are another example - if you're wanted in RI for say a bench warrant, the Mass cops will probably arrest you and allow for extradition back to RI, if, and this is a big if, the Mass cops have the ability to discern the RI warrant. Not all police departments do this.

Volokh Conspiracy says the answer is he doesn't know the answer either. Based on the Full Faith and Credit clause of the Constitution, other states should honor each other's search warrants. Meaning New Hampshire should honor a Vermont search warrant for property located in New Hampshire. I also know that those two states work closely together in big interstate cases like murder investigations.

Does the Fourth Amendment Allow Extraterritorial State Search Warrants? - The Volokh Conspiracy

Normally when there's interstate crime, the Feds get involved. But there's no violation of Federal law here unless the FFL is under investigation for violating some Federal law by ATF. Which isn't the case here.

There is also a Runnings in Claremont, NH. Lots of Vermont shoppers go there.

Vermont prison time is very, very easy. They don't like to hold the inmates accountable for their behavior. Many of the inmates there end up on the "Immature/Mentally Ill" list, which helps to get them out of trouble since they "aren't responsible" for their actions.

Yeah! but Runnings was selling rpr’s For about $800 last Black Friday lol.

Lot of speculation there, keep my abreast of any boycotts. ;)

"There are multiple locations, but there is one in N.H. in the border with VT, so I assume that is the one in question. "
There are no "Runnings" stores in Vermont, and based on his living Bennington, it was most likely the Hinsdale store. Even if the Vermont cops had a warrant it would have no power in New Hampshire and shame on the Manager of that store not telling the Thugs to screw.

There are two stores that border Vomit, Claremont and Hinsdale

Here is an email that I just sent Runnings Corporate Office, Feel free to copy this and send it on.

I have learned that one of your stores in New Hampshire, Most likely the Hinsdale store, allowed Vermont Troopers to review records and film footage a purchase. They have no jurisdiction in the state of New Hampshire, even if they had a warrant or subpoena from the State of Vermont, and if there was one from New Hampshire then a New Hampshire Officer would have to serve and execute the order. Those "Troopers" when they were in New Hampshire were no different than citizens. Your Store managers need to be Better trained to this issue. Remember there are other places to buy what you there in the state of New Hampshire. So I really don't need your excuses, I have heard them all.

There was no implication. I clearly stated that I wondered if popo got a warrant.....thats the beginning, middle and end of it.

Dont need a warrant. At the time they were just “securing the premises to stop any destruction of evidence”. And at the same time collecting evidence.

This is how Framingham police do it!

Of course, if you're trolling, harassing, and acting like a racist, you're just giving everyone a reason to f*** with you.

Which is the real shame here.

Instead of a reasonably normal person getting jammed up in mega dumb law we have complete moron jammed up in mega dumb law. Sigh.

Dont need a warrant. At the time they were just “securing the premises to stop any destruction of evidence”. And at the same time collecting evidence.

This is how Framingham police do it!

My understanding as an authority you are not entitled to secure or search after the fact without a warrant or cooperation/permission. When they come upon a crime scene that is different, ie like how within 24 hours they can arrest for a crime committed without a warrant but after that must get one.

Here is an email that I just sent Runnings Corporate Office, Feel free to copy this and send it on.

I have learned that one of your stores in New Hampshire, Most likely the Hinsdale store, allowed Vermont Troopers to review records and film footage a purchase. They have no jurisdiction in the state of New Hampshire, even if they had a warrant or subpoena from the State of Vermont, and if there was one from New Hampshire then a New Hampshire Officer would have to serve and execute the order. Those "Troopers" when they were in New Hampshire were no different than citizens. Your Store managers need to be Better trained to this issue. Remember there are other places to buy what you there in the state of New Hampshire. So I really don't need your excuses, I have heard them all.
[/QUOTE]

Cant wait to read their (weak ass) response
Thank you for taking the initiative
We appreciate it

Not surprised
Not much they can say that would justify their lack of backbone
Do they know it was posted on NES, and thousands of members who don’t support their actions, will probably not support the store?
Thanks again for policing this & supporting our community!!!!!!!!!!!!

My understanding as an authority you are not entitled to secure or search after the fact without a warrant or cooperation/permission. When they come upon a crime scene that is different, ie like how within 24 hours they can arrest for a crime committed without a warrant but after that must get one.

Something like 90-95% of people "consent" to searches. I put consent in quotes because (naive) people think being nice to the cops will get them a break.

This is exactly right. The Vermont law is vague and virtually unenforceable. I also get the sense (I'm spending a lot of time in VT this winter :)) that there's not much interest in enforcing it. Of course, if you're trolling, harassing, and acting like a racist, you're just giving everyone a reason to f*** with you.
Until t here is a dissident to be suppressed, in which case charges are filed and an un meetable bail is set.

Last edited:
Who says the magazines ever left NH?
Did someone see him bring them into Vt?
I bet he has a friend in NH that he gifted them to, and of course that person is allowed to have them legally
Said friend should have said magazines as proof ( easy enough to get more there)
Just saying
Better call Saul !

Back
Top Bottom