• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vermont Sen Baruth bill to ban carry of ANY semi auto.....

Vermont Sen Baruth bill to ban carry of ANY semi auto.....

I'll just leave this here for folks to chew down on and consider whether or not its time they made effort/showed up for hearings in Vt/NH/Maine in 2020.....

Last edited:
This is the kind of shit you are happy to see. It’s so over the top retarded that it simply doesn’t stand a chance of success.
Yet people here said Oblabla was unelectable. Twice.

Get active and start harassing dem-0-rat politicians in public. Call them out for what they are, petty tyrants bent on the destruction of our country as we know it.
That's what they do. Use their tactics against them.

Throw rocks.

Get back to us when SC passes Constitutional Carry and elect someone other than that twat goober graham

Oh please! As much of a shithead as he is, name ONE pol. in MA that isn't worse. Go ahead, I'll wait.......

As for CC. It would have passed this year if some shithead didn't make death threats to the pols. about the bill. It was tabled until next year specifically due to the threat.Look it up. Hell it was probably some shithead dem that did it specifically to prompt that response.

mAss is a lost cause.....I've been advocating that gun owners in mAss jump shit and move to a state where their vote actually counts and they're not tax mules for the dem party.....

Graham for all intents and purposes IS a dem.......he's been a shit bag for decades and for the life of me I cannot understand how SC of all places keeps electing him when time and time again he f***s GOP voters in SC in the arse......

Probably pork based. A lot of "legacy" reps and senators who have been there too long retain office because of the amount of pork they bring back to the
given state, and this likely happens regardless of political affiliation.

Classic example was Robert KKK "Sheets" Byrd.... nobody actually genuinely liked that guy, they just liked the apportionment of pork money he was able to bring back from
the feds....

ETA: A running joke a friend of mine from WV told me is "I bet somewhere it is not difficult to find an outhouse with Byrd's name on it... because pork. " [rofl]

-Mike

If you don't recall or missed the threads, Virginia has been working on lots of anti-gun legislation...

Too close to the line. Shit spreads. At least they are still fighting the fight. Anything north of the line is a write off AFAIC.

As JPK said, even if he did say it after his post about SC, it is a VT thread. So I'll leave it at that.

I'm too lazy to search, but I'm sure when news came around VT R governor trying to ban mags, people laughed just as loud.

NH-ites, you also got governor running with deep pockets MA-free and bent on gun control. Don't get too cocky comrades, prides comes before the fall. Don't be blaming ma**h***s for that shit. VT was as solid 2a as NH is now, expect the unexpected.

VT was as solid 2a as NH is now, expect the unexpected.

I disagree, NH is fundamentally a lot more solid because there are more eyes on the issues and the players, and the system is different. I think VT turned out to be weaker than a lot of people believed it was. (myself included) The enemy also used some sleazy parlimentary hacks in VT, too, basically they were able to burn kittens and puppies without the constituents really knowing they were doing it until only ashes were left.

I do think the NH gov race is a serious thing, though, then again, in the same interval some other seats will probably flip though, too.

-Mike

Are we talking about the Vermont that requires background checks for private sales, requires a minimum age of 21 to purchase firearms, bans the sale of standard capacity handgun and rifle magazines, bans the possession of bump stocks, and has a red flag confiscation law? Or the Vermont that existed 2 years go?

Last edited:
But but but VT is a gun friendly state!! [rolleyes] At this point, if you still live north of the Mason-Dixon Line you deserve what you get. Not that I expect that this has any chance of passing.
SC is a pain for many non-residents, though at least I can drop my carry into the center console legally when driving through. It's one of the only southern states I can't carry in, even with 5 different state permits...they only honor home state permits so no go with a Commiewealth LTC. That point had us visit Savannah instead of Charleston a couple years ago.

SC is a pain for many non-residents, though at least I can drop my carry into the center console legally when driving through. It's one of the only southern states I can't carry in, even with 5 different state permits...they only honor home state permits so no go with a Commiewealth LTC. That point had us visit Savannah instead of Charleston a couple years ago.

Not to bring it back to SC but,
1- is a pretty convenient thing since you don't need ANY state's license to car carry here and,
2-That is MA's fault too. SC will honor the permit of any state that honors their permit. The needing to own land here to get a non res permit thing does need to be done away with though.

But but but VT is a gun friendly state!! [rolleyes] At this point, if you still live north of the Mason-Dixon Line you deserve what you get. Not that I expect that this has any chance of passing.

What about the citizens of Maryland and Virginia, two states that are south of the Mason Dixon line? Do they deserve what they get too?

This is the kind of shit you are happy to see. It’s so over the top retarded that it simply doesn’t stand a chance of success.
you are missing the point. the left is moving the goal post yet again. they are going to reclassify all semi autos as "assault weapons." Because AW sounds scary! and who wouldn't be for that?!

you are missing the point. the left is moving the goal post yet again. they are going to reclassify all semi autos as "assault weapons." Because AW sounds scary! and who wouldn't be for that?!

I’ve fought side by side to preserve rights here in Pennsylvania. We have actually won rights back even this year. You can’t rally people for every stupid battle, people grow weary especially when dump proposals like this aren’t worth the ink they are written on. You rally and fight when you see a credible threat you can point to and gain a movement. I appreciate yours and the ones before you in this post who say fight fight fight. I just hope you really do and not just talk about it on this forum.

You know this crap is coming ,when you see them trying to coin the term fully semi-automatic...

Get back to us when SC passes Constitutional Carry and elect someone other than that twat goober graham

South Carolina will never pass Constitutional Carry. I've been here 5 years. Every single year there is a CC bill filed and every year it never even gets a committee hearing because the Good Old Boy network (read: our resident RINOs) don't want it. They stay in power for the same reason Lindsey Grahamnesty keeps getting elected, SC has open primaries and lets Democrats to effectively choose who the Republican nominee will be. And Grahamnesty isn't really that bad - every sixth year.

Our statewide gun owners lobby is downright anemic. In NH we turned out over 700 people on a 36 hour notice to pack a House Committee hearing scheduled at the last minute for stealth purposes. The SC lobby has a website that has two updates in the past week but the last time I checked, the most recent update was over a year old. Their activity level is almost zero, which is slightly higher than their effectiveness level.

About the only silver lining is that I am about as far from Columbia as you can get yet still be in SC.

Another blessing is that while I get outvoted by moderates, I don't get outvoted by moonbats. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference though. "Would you prefer the gallows or the firing squad, Sir?"

Yeah, SC CWP was a PITA compared to NH but NH is practically a lost cause. It will get worse. Everywhere. Prepare for that.

So now it will be open carry with single action army revolvers . Going to be like the old west. I like the idea of turning the state into a theme park.

Phil Baruth. Democrat and member of the Vermont Progrssive Party. Majority leader in the senate 2013-2017.
Born in Lockport New York in 1962. Vermont resident since 1993. English professor @ UVM.
Certified carpetbagger.

He NEEDS to go back to where he came from and leave VT the heck alone!!!

Back
Top Bottom