Vertical locking wall mount for long guns

Hello,

I am looking for a budget friendly way to mount a long gun or 2 vertically inside a bedroom closet. Must be able to lock firearm in place. This will free up some space in my safe and allow me to keep at least one long gun handy on my second floor while my safe is located on the first floor. Any tips or suggestions are welcome. Looking to do this with at least one rifle maybe 2 or 3. anyone else have a solution they use that isnt hundreds of dollars? Build something yourself? Thanks in advance!

I like the looks of the 'in wall' safes, personally...probably not exactly secure, but easily concealable inside the side of a closet or something.

Just at a quick glance on Amazon, THIS ONE doesn't look half bad?

View attachment 365784
I’ve seen that. Looks like it’s $500+ and im looking for a more budget friendly solution. It will be in a closet so not as worried with them being concealed versus just locked somehow to comply w/ commiechusetts laws.

I have a Stack-On IWC-55 in my bedroom closet. It's not a safe but it satisfies the Massachusetts storage requirement. Short money also, under a hundred bucks. If you have one shipped it WILL arrive with a bent flange, so just straighten it out and install it.

yeah, sorry for the vagueness here. For one gun, looking in the low hundreds for multiple under 200. Just trying to secure it to a wall don’t want to spend the cost of a new gun for one.

If that's all you want grab an inexpensive Stack On case and bolt it to the wall: 8 Gun Security Cabinet - Stack-On.

The true "wall mount" systems are going to be much more expensive, with the V-Line Rifle Safe pretty much being the baseline: Rifle Case-Home Defense Rifle Safe - V-Line

OK, I've been working on a product for sometime. We've got the design done, patent approved, and we have the first test batch for sale.

I'm not ready to sell quite yet but should be within a week. Your feedback would be appreciated:

I've been working with my on this with my long time friend Denton. Here's a video where he explains it.

Please let me know how it meets your needs.

Thanks

Rich

ETA: This can also me locked with a long shackled padlock. It is well within your budget. It's CNC'd from aircraft grade aluminum. There's a channel on the back that allows the use of a steel security cable for winding through and disabling the action. And most importantly, it's made in the USA!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4fWFbqtzOA&app=desktop

Last edited:
AR15 Rapid Locking Mount M4 Safe Quick Access is within your budget.

And a review:

You just need to supply your own padlock. Masterlock makes a quick open one:

Amazon product ASIN B002TSN4SQView: https://www.amazon.com/Master-Lock-1500iD-Directional-Combination/dp/B002TSN4SQ

The negative reviews seem to be from those who dont follow the directions. I have a lock like this and it works great and opens fast.

The rail hanger looks nice; I'll be in the market if I get that second place the wife wants.

My compliments for designing it to take a padlock so the user can choose a security level. A problem with most gun locking systems short of safes is that they use cheesy key locks. Some even use the standard ACE137 center pin oriented tubular lock that has been totally discredited for security (if you have trouble getting the BIC pen trick to work, google "tubular lock pick"). Others use the Simplex lock with only 1085 combinations, unless you use the undocumented half-press mode, and you don't want to have to manage that quickly under stress. An improvement would be designing it so that it could take a shutter lock to avoid the exposed shackle. In any case, having a choice means you can get something that would stump Bosnian Bill or the Lockpicking Lawyer.

Here's another, longer explanation of The Rail Hanger. Hope it helps.

FYI this is a ham fisted attempt at explaining the product from my basement. No professionals were harmed in the making of this video...

:)

Rich

Hey Rich,

Wow man that is awesome, seems like you guys are really on to something here. I was actually searching for picatinny mounted hangers and couldn’t find any in the market. Cheers to you and Denton’s ingenuity! I would love to get my hands on one and try it out once you guys are ready to rock and roll!

OK, I've been working on a product for sometime. We've got the design done, patent approved, and we have the first test batch for sale.

I'm not ready to sell quite yet but should be within a week. Your feedback would be appreciated:

I've been working with my on this with my long time friend Denton. Here's a video where he explains it.

Please let me know how it meets your needs.

Thanks

Rich

ETA: This can also me locked with a long shackled padlock. It is well within your budget. It's CNC'd from aircraft grade aluminum. There's a channel on the back that allows the use of a steel security cable for winding through and disabling the action. And most importantly, it's made in the USA!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4fWFbqtzOA&app=desktop

This looks like a great product. Let me know when your ready to start selling them as Id be interested in one depending on the price.
Thanks

BTW @chris_1001 is mechanical engineer and Solid works expert extrordinaire who took my novice designs and did an incredible job understanding the needs and building a design that worked. Being a gun guy he completely understood the goals and added a ton of his experience to what we produced.

Thank you Chris!

Full disclosure, Richc asked for some help on a Solidworks project last year in September (on NES). I karmed my help. Nothing earth shattering on my input. The design was done. Just made his tweaks and incorporated the initial input into the current design and finalized the last set of drawings.

Yes. I got beer, food, a few gun parts and shot at his range. So that said I’m not impartial. But this is a cool product.

I’m not one to hype something I don’t believe in.

So check it out and decide for yourselves.

FYI this is a ham fisted attempt at explaining the product from my basement. No professionals were harmed in the making of this video...

Rich

I will bump this, as the owner of one of Rich's Rail Hangers.... this device is pretty well built. Someone would have to tear your wall down to get the gun, if it was
used and installed properly. The coolest part about this thing is it allows for various innovative installation options.

-Mike

Found this interesting vid on the Master Lock 1500iD

How about a pool cue style rack? It can be a low budget DIY project and would provide easy access to your long guns. Aesthetically, you wouldn’t have to really set the bar high and if you scuffed up the walls no big deal because it’s only your closet. Definitely something to consider before you blow the proverbial wad buying expensive mounting gear.

Rich

Go Bucks!!! When you're ready to sell them or looking for more pilot users, please let me know.

I will bump this, as the owner of one of Rich's Rail Hangers.... this device is pretty well built. Someone would have to tear your wall down to get the gun, if it was
used and installed properly. The coolest part about this thing is it allows for various innovative installation options.

-Mike
I have two of Rich's rail hangers. They are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom