• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Very fitting irony

[h=5]Irony (n) : While running, almost getting mowed down by a women looking at her cell phone and driving, in a car with a "Guns kill" sticker on the back.

(this has now happened twice to me)
[/h]

Of the 5,474 killed because of distracted driving, 995 involved reports of a cell phone as a factor. However, the number of fatalities caused by cell phone use could be much higher. For those who were injured, 24,000 involved reports of cell phone use as a distraction.

2009 statistics; source:
Cell Phone Accident Statistics and Texting While Driving Facts

I'm guessing by the idiots I see on the road more and more everyday that it's most likely higher now...

[h=5]Irony (n) : While running, almost getting mowed down by a women looking at her cell phone and driving, in a car with a "Guns kill" sticker on the back.

[/h]

Cue the "everything is illegal in Mass video."

But, isn't that illegal in Mass?

I'm probably wrong, but I think its only illegal if you're a minor. BUT, like the Assault Weapons Ban, it really isn't enforced. And most of the police I see are on their phone anyways...

So true. I see police on their phones all the time when they are driving, or when they are on a detail. And how can they possibly be paying attention to the road when they are looking at their computers?

Playing with your radio can be just as dangerous as texting while driving.

normally i'd talk about how often i text while driving just to piss people off--but i actually don't text while driving. having to type on a screen with no keys? shit's dangerous and difficult. i just say screw it until the car is stopped.

Son and I were on the way out somewhere, don't remember where, and we were trying to use "voice to text" on the phone.

There were tears streaming down our faces from laughing our butts off, at what the phone thought we were saying. Taught it a few words too.

Son and I were on the way out somewhere, don't remember where, and we were trying to use "voice to text" on the phone.

There were tears streaming down our faces from laughing our butts off, at what the phone thought we were saying. Taught it a few words too.

i program my phone with curse words. you should see the dictionary. i also had to teach it firearm names/manufacturers.

"jammed up my clucking flock 17 at the range with gold dune mystery ammo nation."

Exactly. Was informed by my friend that had the same phone, that he had the "big boy" version since he could curse.

Well, that was a taunt. I promptly installed the big boy panties app, went thru George Carlin's list and launched an onslaught of politically incorrect opinions about him, his heritage and quite possibly his dog.

When I run or bike on the road, the only assumption I make concerning drivers is that they're drunk, late and on the phone. I'm certain this has saved my life more than once.

vwbug_002.jpg

[/h]

Maybe she was just trying to help you train by making you run faster.....[smile]

Back
Top Bottom