• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Very (positively) surprised to receive a renewal postcard from DCJIS

sbi

Didn't expect that kind of 'service' in MA. :emoji_thumbsup:

My LTC will expire in March 2019. When is a good time to start the renewal process?

Got mine too. It's like a little draft card...

draft-card-burning-1000x706.jpg

Mine is up in Jan. No card or letter in teh mail yet. Gonna call in the next week or two for my forms/appointment.

my city, woburn, had me come in almost 5 months before it expired. i had my new license in hand before i got my notice. i had called down to the station to find out when would be a good time to make an appointment, i was due that november. she said she'd make the appointment then for the following week cause they sometimes run behind. new ltc came in 4 weeks or mid july.

Last year I got one of those in February for a June expiration. They wouldn’t give me an appointment before April and my renewal didn’t t happen until July!
So start now.....

my city, woburn, had me come in almost 5 months before it expired. i had my new license in hand before i got my notice. i had called down to the station to find out when would be a good time to make an appointment, i was due that november. she said she'd make the appointment then for the following week cause they sometimes run behind. new ltc came in 4 weeks or mid july.

So in this case, did they renew it for the original 6 years (so from July till November 6 years later)?

I don't care anymore.
I gave my renewal 6 days before it expired.
My town was nice gave me a letter that states they received my renewal before it expired, didn't expect that.

So in this case, did they renew it for the original 6 years (so from July till November 6 years later)?
no, it wasn't valid until November when the old one expired. so, issue date was still November.

Got mine the middle of August. The card said come in early they were busy, picked it up a week before my birthday the first week of October.
Six weeks fastest turnaround ever for me.

Last time around my Wife and I got the cards about 3 months prior to expiration.

When I saw my chief ~5 months prior to expiration and asked him when I should apply, he basically said yesterday! And it took almost every bit of that 5 months before I received my new LTC.

Not to pre-complain about Taunton, but every time I renew, it's 3 phone calls, 2 appointments and 60 days of waiting. My wife? They get her in within seconds of the call and she's got her license in 2 weeks.

I'm feeling discriminated.

Back
Top Bottom