• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

VIDEO: "I Will Take My Uniform Off and Stand with Freedom..."

Indeed there are those that love this Country, and then there are those who love their Paychecks.

RE: The jerk, He'd probably be better off to start thinking about his ability to freely consume oxygen....IMNSHO.

I think the problems will come when, a gun-owner is arrested for whatever reason and the weapon is evidence , and s/he possess these banned item, it's the DA that will prosecute and throw the banned item charges on, and then an anti-2a judge adds on longer sentences for the banned items.

hopefully, this message is being sent to Washington, and to beacon hill as well.

loud and clear.

[h=1]Utah Sheriffs' Stand Against Obama Gun Grab Gathers Steam[/h]

Monday, 28 Jan 2013 11:32 AM
By Bill Hoffmann

Share:

clear.gif

More . . .
A A |
Email Us |
Print |
Forward Article

A letter to President Barack Obama from the Utah Sheriffs’ Association asserting that local lawmen won’t allow federal agents to seize restricted guns from residents is gaining political steam.

State Rep. Brian Greene has proposed legislation giving Utah sheriffs the power to arrest federal agents who attempt to seize firearms from citizens.

“After the Connecticut school shooting, I saw a frenzy erupt in Washington, D.C. President Obama seems determined to never let a tragedy go to waste,” Greene told The New American.

“The federal government has steamrolled state sovereignty on this and many other issues,” Greene said. “It’s incumbent on states to take action and uphold the Constitution and the rights of citizens.”

Greene’s “Utah State Supremacy Firearm Act’’ would restore state sovereignty protected by the Constitution.

But just what laws sheriffs are required to uphold is a sticky issue that could have national implications.

Paul Cassell, a law professor at the University of Utah and a former federal judge, told the Salt Lake Tribune that legally, a sheriff does not have to enforce any federal law.

“They have the right to decide what [takes priority in] their respective counties,” Cassell said.

But he added at the same time, sheriffs cannot obstruct federal law enforcement.

In its letter to Obama, the sheriff’s association said they would not allow any federal official to “descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights — in particular Amendment II — has given them.”

Similar statements by sheriffs from across the country have also been made in recent days, according to the New American.

The letter came as Obama and Vice President Joe Biden announced legislation to help curb gun violence along with 23 executive actions the White House can invoke without approval of Congress.

© 2013 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Share:

clear.gif

More . . .
Email Us |
Print |
Forward Article

Any and every cop in this country that does not agree with everything that Chief said is dishonoring his oath. Live by your word. It's that simple. The jerk should be burned at the stake

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom