• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Video released of San Francisco officer shooting fleeing suspect

Reptile

NES Member
San Francisco police have released bodycam footage showing a police officer shooting a fleeing suspect in the back after a brief foot chase.

Police released the footage of the June 9 North Beach shooting at a town hall meeting Thursday.

Police say that Oscar Barcenas, 28, took off his jacket as he fled from officers and pulled out a gun with an extended magazine and laser sight, FOX affiliate KTVU reported.

Video released of San Francisco officer shooting fleeing suspect

It’s gotta be tough shooting someone running away.

I mean the fleeing suspect. Do you really run from a cop you want to shoot?

With this idiotic cops and the streets full of gang bangers, it's a good thing Trump has the economy at all-time jobs metrics, or else it'd be a long summer.

Those cops just about started a riot. Any regard for by-standers?

What is the brand of the toy they planted there with the extended magazine?

It’s gotta be tough shooting someone running away.

I mean the fleeing suspect. Do you really run from a cop you want to shoot?
I don't think the officer knew where the gun went after the muffin pulled it out.
If the muffin still had the gun while being chased, the officer could use lethal force.

He threw away the gun?

Nice.

The only thing better is the suspected of having an open container of alcohol part that started this

Seems from the video like less than a second from the pistol being pulled by the runner, and the officer firing. Either he tossed it away, or he pulled it and couldn't hang onto it... the officer fires almost immediately.

God bless the media for highlighting the moment the gun was pulled separately, so us ignorant folks at home don't have to see how quickly the officer fired. Look for the guy with the light gray shirt - the perp is just passed him as he pulls the gun in the surveillance video, and he is visible to the officer from the body cam footage (on the right side directly in front of the cop). It's less than a second by Youtube timestamp.

You draw down you tend to get shot - regardless of whether the gun stays in your hand.

Note to self; NES approval if you rob a bank by moonwalking in backwards and doing a piss poor job of drawing your weapon.

Last edited:
Suspect has been shot by police before, in 2012. His buddies should take caution, this guy seems to attract bullets.

As far as the shooting, I can't pass judgment. It's certainly a tough one though. Running, lots of bystanders, dark(ish) sidewalk didn't seem pitch black, definitely see him reach for the gun. Also, who the hell walks around with a magazine that large?!? I bet that's why it went flying! Probably got that comically large mag caught on his jacket or pants and spun it out of his hand. Not exactly discreet.

One more thing, the woman at the end is insufferable. Talking about how the officer doing the shooting was more of a danger than the suspect running away. While at the time of the shooting that may have been technically true, I don't think Mr. 32 round mag was pulling his gun to help you with the grocery bags, grandma.
Good grief.

One more thing, the woman at the end is insufferable. Talking about how the officer doing the shooting was more of a danger than the suspect running away. While at the time of the shooting that may have been technically true, I don't think Mr. 32 round mag was pulling his gun to help you with the grocery bags, grandma.
Good grief.
That's a terrible excuse. The whole reason this shooting is big is because of the danger the officer posed on the bystanders. Was the guy running away a bad person? Probably. But he didn't open fire along a city sidewalk putting everyone's lives in danger. Until Mr. 32 round mag opened fire, he didn't pose a direct threat to the public like the officer did.

That's a terrible excuse. The whole reason this shooting is big is because of the danger the officer posed on the bystanders. Was the guy running away a bad person? Probably. But he didn't open fire along a city sidewalk putting everyone's lives in danger. Until Mr. 32 round mag opened fire, he didn't pose a direct threat to the public like the officer did.
This is pretty much what I’m seeing.

This and Mr. 32 could have just shot the cop. I mean bang. No running.

He could have walked up and shot anyone he wanted with that gun.

Maybe 32 times without reloading.

Or is this the “guns are bad” thread.

Did you see how close that was to turning into a riot? Over an open container originally, he shoots a guy - I guess he did have a gun of course I couldn't see a damn thing in that video.

Very soon it won't be close at all.

Wasn't an excuse. As I said in my previous comment, I won't pass judgment as I wasn't there. I believe this shooting is a big deal because he shot him in the back as he was running away. That statement alone puts a poor optic on the situation. I was merely stating my annoyance with that particular woman's comments in a tongue and cheek manner.

Also, If it's possible, I would like to continue to refer to the suspect as "Mr. 32"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom