Vietnam Vet's Roll Call

Present.

45th Medical Company Air Ambulance (44th Medical Brigade) Headquarters Long Binh with service to all of III Corps and most of IV Corps. July 1967 - July 1968.

Despite 4 years active duty from 67-71, and spending over 3 yrs of that time overseas, Uncle never saw fit to send me to VN....I guess I'll never know why.

Looking back, I regret that I never went there.

Uncle just found you a building with no windows. Just like me.[laugh][wink][shocked]

Yes. 8th RRFS-Phu Bai, Camp Eagle (101st), 146th Aviation Co.-224th Aviation Battalion. Thirteen months total, request for extension refused due to downsizing.

I have sad news to report. [sad]

I received an Email last night advising me from our CRO at BR&P that Bugs100 has passed away. I don't have any further info.

G_d has called one of His Heroes home!

RIP, Bill.

[halfmast]

I don't know what to say......we just met last month on the phone. I was expecting this, but not this soon!

[sad2]

I am just in shock......I had to leave work and come home.......we talked ahwile back about the Ashau Valley and shared memories.

I knew he was sick, but he never let on it was that bad.

I told him about my beating cancer....I told him I beat it because "A million gooks couldn't kill me, so I wasn't going to let a few bad cells do it!"

I was looking forward to meeting him face to face someday.

LenS......if you have any information about services, I would like to know.......

I'm gonna drink a toast now, to my fellow Screaming Eagle.....tears, mixed with my beer......

Take care Bugs, I'll miss you. You were one of the first fellow Vietnam Vets I met here, and I always appreciated your insight and intelligent comments. I will miss you brother.

I had no idea Bill was so ill. I've emailed back and forth with him so many times, asking him questions about reloading. Always a kind and sage reply.....kind of a mentor student relationship. I, too, am in shock because we'd spoken about getting together at some point down the road. May he rest in peace. He will be sorely missed. Thanks Bill for all your help and friendship.

Present and accounted for, Sir!

1st SOS, Pleiku, A-1 Skyraider....... Sandy! Sandy! Sandy!

Can you imagine giving a 25,000 lb flying machine, of which 7000 lbs was ammunition and explosives, to a 23 year old kid that thinks he's invincible? Talk about whiskey and car keys! [rofl]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom