• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Violent Crime in New England

MaverickNH

NES Member
Hmmm... Bordered on all side by states with lower violent crime. MUST be the "Iron Pipeline" of illicit guns flowing into Massachusetts that's the cause!

USPI2011 - Violent Crime Rate.jpg

Looks like it all started in the early 70s, held constant from the 80s on in NH but got worse in MA, which pretty much mirrors the national average for violent crime rate.

I can't think of any new/old guns laws that can bring MA down to NH crime rates, but I'm seeing many proposed that will do the opposite and bring NH crime rates up to MA levels...

FBI-UCR Violent Crime Rate USA-MA-NH.jpg

Seems odd that, aside from Alaska(a statistical anomoly), violent crime is highest where ILLEGAL immigration is also the highest.

Sent from an undisclosed location using twigs-n-berries

Seems odd that, aside from Alaska(a statistical anomaly), violent crime is highest where ILLEGAL immigration is also the highest.

...and where proposed requirements for proof of citizenship for voter registration is a major issue.

There's a pattern here...what could it be???

Seems odd that, aside from Alaska(a statistical anomoly), violent crime is highest where ILLEGAL immigration is also the highest.

AK is definitely an anomaly. The male/female population is way of sync which may explain the very high (at least historically) rape rate.

NH, VT usually vie for the top spot of "safest state". ME is usually not too far behind.

MA is a shithole, except for a few nice towns. The only problem is they're under Beacon Hill's thumb.

Ummm... on that chart, there is only one red state among those that border Mexico.

Orange is the next color of severity on the legend, and that's the entire southern border. Not to mention Florida....sanctuary state for Cuba. As far as Alaska, I think the low sample size(population) is what skews the #'s.

Yes. But that's not what you said:

Sure it is; orange and red indicate the highest rates of violent crime, and the highest concentration of orange and red are along the southern border. Is there a point you're trying to make?

Sure it is; orange and red indicate the highest rates of violent crime

And yellow is third highest. Which, like orange, is not "the highest".

Do me a favor: before you blame the crime on immigration (legal or otherwise), check out the crime stats for El Paso, then get back with me.

Back
Top Bottom