• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Virginia to shut down all gun ranges not run by the state!

As much as I do not like what the democrats are doing to Virginia it will be fun to see that there attack on legal gun ownership will do zero on the crime rate by the time the courts make a decision on the illegal laws passed by the Virginia house

Better hope like hell this gets voted down because if it does not the libs up here are going to think it is a great idea. Time to get that back yard range set up soon because that may be the only place left to shoot.

Just another retarded piece of legislation introduced by someone who wants to tell their constituents that GUNZ ARE BAD and I'M FIGHTING AGAINST THEM.

Dunno if it's anything more than posturing by the rep.

For consideration - we just had an a**h*** legislator introduce a bill here in Georgia that basically prohibits all semi-automatic firearms.

Douche.

This proposed legislation does not apply to ranges with less than 50 employees, it looks like there are looking at shutting down the NRA Range. Comment on article:

"Actually, this looks like its aimed at shutting down the NRA range. Few indoor ranges have 50 employees--most have fewer. I'd be surprised if any Virginia indoor range has that many employees. The NRA HQ, however, has lots of employees "in the building" and I think they have a range there, don't they? If so, given the way this is written, it would appear that the NRA might be the primary--or even only--one that would run afoul of such legislation."

Still a bunch of BS and it doesn't seem like it would past muster in a lawsuit (why only ranges with more than 50 employees).

Virginia *proposes a bill* to shut down all *indoor* gun ranges not run by the state *unless the owner logs everyone's IDs*!

I see your point, but even with inclusions it's still just as bad. Registration for guns, registration for gun use. There is absolutely no good reason for this but to clamp on 2a by thousand cuts.

Virginians not only need to vote it down, they need to throw away every pol who signed their support on this. 2a infringement has to be toxic for anyone to try, otherwise they will keep coming every other week.

So yes, some people were leaving MA and running to VA, now they are just tired. We need to stand in MA, in VA, in NH. It's the only way.

Who in Virginia would one contact to supply and volunteer for the firing squad?

This looks to me like a bill of attainder, which is expressly forbidden by the Constitution.

Either the Dems have completely lost touch with reality, or they have reason to be so confident that their election fraud machine will keep them in power forever.

Which you're totally fine with. We get it. Why do you hang out on a gun forum?
Lighten up Francis! It was a joke, which is why I followed with “haha”.
I think if you check my feedback that will explain why I hang here.

Lighten up Francis! It was a joke, which is why I followed with “haha”.
I think if you check my feedback that will explain why I hang here.
I was quoting Snora. Why are you running two different accounts in NES? Extra trolling accounts?
Did you already have an account banned and decided to make multiples to respond to your own drivel? I don’t get it. Please explain.

never mind. I get it. Dan-o is your green member purchase account and snora is your throw away account. Makes sense.

Last edited:
How about the Readers Digest version of A Bill of Attainder

Don't worry about it. This isn't a bill of attainder.

It's a poorly-titled clickbait thread with very little basis in fact, plus a bunch of hyperbolic posters who love to fly off the handle and signal their outrage.

A bill of attainder is a bill that declares a whole group of people guilty, without due process. Even if the stars align and this bill passes as written, it doesn't convict anyone.

Better hope like hell this gets voted down because if it does not the libs up here are going to think it is a great idea. Time to get that back yard range set up soon because that may be the only place left to shoot.
They will stop that also.

Back
Top Bottom