• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Visiting Philadelphia..non-resident, with MA LTC.. Carry in Philly?

GlockJock

NES Member
Wife has valid MA LTC, and is driving to -and has to stay in - Philadelphia in October for several days (medical reasons, her family) and is wondering about carrying in Philly....
Can she carry in Philadelphia with a MA LTC and/or does she have any chance at a fast/quick Non-resident permit if she applied today?

Last edited:
Wife has valid MA LTC, and is driving to -and has to stay in - Philadelphia in October for several days (medical reasons, her family) and is wondering about carrying in Philly....
Can she carry in Philadelphia with a MA LTC and/or does she have any chance at a fast/quick Non-resident permit if she applied today?
Unfortunately, Mass does not have reciprocity with Pennsylvania. Not sure how long it takes but I believe you have to travel to Pennsylvania either to pick it up or interview for a non resident. This is at least my understanding and I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Philly is a shithole and the law prevents open carry there. City of the first class or some bullshit, which essentially only applies to Philly.

Just go get a non-resident LTCF. Is Lackawanna doing them again? They shut down for covid for awhile, but I'm not sure if they opened back up to non-residents. Anyhow, the process literally takes 15 minutes and you can leave with the license in hand.

One of the most up to date PA, non-resident, threads. Philly has its own rules, much like Boston. Also, it will limit your sightseeing if you go to any of the National Park Ranger sites. Best of luck.

Last edited:
As others said she can only carry concealed or open in Philadelphia with an LTCF. In PA, we do not have a non-resident LTCF, you are issued the same permit as a resident and you pay the same amount, $20.00. You must apply in person or find a county that will allow you to apply online, most require in person. Some counties like Philadelphia don’t do non-residents at all.

I think in Mass you all have weird limitations like target and hunting. Those are not considered here, you will be issued a LTCF without any restrictions.

Let me know if you have any additional questions, retards will shit on Philly. In some ways it’s deserved, in most it’s just ignorance.

Edit: As to timing, she will walk out with her PA LTCF the same day. In and out of the sheriffs in 20 minutes.

Doesn't the PA state license only let you carry anywhere BUT Philly?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ1Wq7gHSyI

What happened to the city?

The skank population seems to be thriving.

Ever play an RPG video game and all of the NPCs are just standing around, not doing anything, waiting for you to interact with them. I bet if you talk to one of those Philly folks, they will set you on a quest where you can gain rare loot.

Last edited:
Doesn't the PA state license only let you carry anywhere BUT Philly?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ1Wq7gHSyI

What happened to the city?

No, PA has incredibly strong preemption law. No city, town or borough is allowed to have stricter laws than the Commonwealth. In Philly we have the same process and laws as the rest of PA.

That’s Kensington and it’s a rough neighborhood that is essentially new hampsterdam if you ever watched The Wire. It’s an open air drug market. It’s a shame and an embarrassment to the city. My little neighborhood is clean and safe and quite lovely.

With a PA CCL you can concealed carry anywhere except the usual off limits places, schools, Fed bldgs etc.. You need a CCL to open carry in Phila. but you can expect to have interactions with police if you do.
The police can't even approach you in PA for showing a firearm, they can't even ask you for a permit. You can walk down Broad street in Philly open carrying and the police can't approach you until you jaywalk or commit some other crime. The Commonwealth court has repeatedly held that all firearms on a person must be considered legally possessed, they need to see an actual violation of the law to approach you.

Yikes. I'd have to check, but I think one of my wife's cousin lives in Kensington. Pretty much all of her family is down in that area, south Jersey, Burlington county, south Philly, etc.

Wonder what the coppers thinking here.
they think - not enough!
those shitty streets of philly, san fran, nyc, chicago - it is what your government wants to turn all the people into, and it is surely doing its possible best to make it happen. as what they say and what they actually do is 2 very different things.

Pike county, with a county seat of Milford is right off of I84 just over the New York line and seems to be the closest point in Pennsylvania to Mass or northern New England.

Make a stop at the Reading Terminal and wander around. Some great placed to grab a bite to eat in there. It's really the only thing I like about Philly

It appears that all of the info given thus far in this thread is accurate, (new record for NES).

PA State police page:

Which links you to Attorney General page, where you can specify your resident state:

Reciprocal?
MA no
CT no
RI no
ME yes
NH yes
VT no
GA yes
NC yes

The common multi-states:
FL resident only
UT resident only
VA resident only

No, PA has incredibly strong preemption law. No city, town or borough is allowed to have stricter laws than the Commonwealth. In Philly we have the same process and laws as the rest of PA.

That’s Kensington and it’s a rough neighborhood that is essentially new hampsterdam if you ever watched The Wire. It’s an open air drug market. It’s a shame and an embarrassment to the city. My little neighborhood is clean and safe and quite lovely.
Do you have paddy’s pub in your neighborhood??

The skank population seems to be thriving.

Ever play an RPG video game and all of the NPCs are just standing around, not doing anything, waiting for you to interact with them. I bet if you talk to one of those Philly folks, they will set you on a quest where you can gain rare loot.
They will, it's called HPV.

Back
Top Bottom