• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Volquartsen PC Carbine Parts?

Amputee Marksman

NES Member
I was looking for some parts for my PC Carbine. I remembered that Volquartsen had a Target Hammer kit that claimed to reduce the trigger pull to 3.25lbs. by replacing the hammer, bushings, shims and trigger return spring. I went to Volquartsen's website and the page for Ruger PC Carbine parts was empty. I did a quick search and found the link directly to the individual parts and clicked on those links. They took you to the page but in each case it stated the part was not available.

Has anyone heard anything about Volquartsen getting out the PC Carbine parts or maybe it was just a coincidence that all parts are out of stock so the "index" page was empty?

Regardless I was able to get the parts I was looking for from Midwest Gun Works.

I was looking for some parts for my PC Carbine. I remembered that Volquartsen had a Target Hammer kit that claimed to reduce the trigger pull to 3.25lbs. by replacing the hammer, bushings, shims and trigger return spring. I went to Volquartsen's website and the page for Ruger PC Carbine parts was empty. I did a quick search and found the link directly to the individual parts and clicked on those links. They took you to the page but in each case it stated the part was not available.

Has anyone heard anything about Volquartsen getting out the PC Carbine parts or maybe it was just a coincidence that all parts are out of stock so the "index" page was empty?

Regardless I was able to get the parts I was looking for from Midwest Gun Works.
I bought the trigger group for mine, but that was last year. Last time I checked their website which was last week they had nothing for the PC Carbine. Brownells still had the trigger group listed on their site however but not sure about other PC carbine products from Volquartsen

A club member I often practice with has the Volquartsen drop in group and has had to send it back for repairs twice for the trigger not resetting. This is a sample of one, but if it's a large scale issue maybe they stopped selling until they can fix the issue

A club member I often practice with has the Volquartsen drop in group and has had to send it back for repairs twice for the trigger not resetting. This is a sample of one, but if it's a large scale issue maybe they stopped selling until they can fix the issue
I only have a couple hundred rounds thru the gun with that trigger group installed but it's been 100%, hope your buddy's is just an isolated thing.

Last edited:
I was able to find the drop in Volquartsen hammer recently for the RUGER PC carbine, on eBay.

But was surprised to see that Volquartsen no longer sell parts of any type for this rifle.

I have been a long time Volquartsen fan, they make great parts and firearms in general

The only brands that seem to continue to make parts for this rifle are: Tandemkross and M*CARBO (I do like their parts too.

The Tandemkross parts that I installed in my (2) Ruger MKIV pistols have absolutely met and exceeded my expectations.

Back
Top Bottom