• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vortex Viper PST

I'm finally going to upgrade the scope on my savage, and I've pretty much narrowed my search down to the vortex viper pst. My question is this, do I go with the 4-16 or 6-24? I'm obviously range limited right now. Assuming Pelham ever finishes the 600 I'll be all over that, but for right now I'm planning to take sigs 3 day course this summer and follow it with the reach to 1000 class, so for that purpose, i want to make sure Ill have the capability to reach out that far. I'm very much a precision shooting noob, and I'm interested in hear what you guys think... So what are the opinions?

I think the 4-16 is more practical. I would check out the weaver Tactical 3-15 as well. I was between that and the 4-16 PST for my AR10, and ended up going with the weaver as I heard the glass was consistently better. I can easily read the small "RD" text on a street sign 220 yards away.

Mike

I'd go with the lower magnification. The crispness of the sight picture becomes worse, the higher your magnification goes. Seems like you are looking into a tactical application, choice of reticle and ability to use it for range estimation are more important than high magnification. For a tac scope, my choice would always be the biggest field of view at the middle setting.
if you are really serious about this, save some more and go S&B or American optics. But the PST is not a bad glass by any stretch.

Back
Top Bottom