VT gun rights under attack

ASG

I'm surprised nothing has been posted here on this yet. There's two current attacks on our gun rights in VT going on.

Burlington is considering a charter change to let them have an "assault weapon" ban: http://www.wcax.com/story/20512557/burlington-debates-charter-change

This group out of Norwich (which includes an FFL based on the first news article I read on it but I can't seem to find out who that is) is pushing to get town meetings to support gun control to push the legislature on it: http://rutlandherald.com/article/20130107/NEWS02/701079883

I think that last group is actually the more dangerous one.

There was also this, Barre Mayor Lauzon is trying to get a gun show to not allow any "assault weapons" and he plans to have police around to block private sales outside: http://www.wcax.com/story/20504441/barre-mayor-wants-to-limit-weapons-at-gun-show

We really need to get the word out to VT'ers to nip these efforts in the bud.

Everyone packs in VT and their violent crime is far from high....may be cuz most of them have a crop on their property.

Go look at what % of VT went for O. On the other side VT's state Constitution has gun rights, and the states liberal SC has been very gun friendly. Not sure how a state awb would play. The town meeting stuff is best ignored, town meetings in VT have been known to tackle things like global warming and ending war. Stupid hippies. I'll repeat myself, all of the Northeast is libtardistan. All of it, NH is not immune, nor is VT or ME. Suck it or move.

I won't hand this state over to the tyrants without a fight. The problem of course is this state was overrun years ago by people from the neighboring anti-freedom states. This state never even voted for FDR before the hippy invasion.

I won't hand this state over to the tyrants without a fight. The problem of course is this state was overrun years ago by people from the neighboring anti-freedom states. This state never even voted for FDR before the hippy invasion.

They already have it. When those hippies moved there they didn't trust the gov't and many were pro gun. Now they are the state gov't. I don't know if it is by chance or design but the left in VT has been able to so anything they want as long as they left guns alone. The political opposition might not be there anymore to stand up for guns.

We actually kind of won in Burlington. The meeting with the public was a sham, something they had to do along the process. But, they got emboldened and ensured it's defeat by adding all handguns to what they wanted to ban. I was there, and I'm one of the folks that spoke.

Can you believe they actually turned down FREE rifle marksmanship training, by really good instructors?

I made the offer, many of you know who I've taught for, and what level I've previously held with them. And, who I am was definitely explained to them.

Oh, I'm pretty active in the fight up here. Trying to regain some momentum at the moment, seems after all this has passed, folks just want to let their guard down and slink back to the couch. That can't happen, it's how we got here. The antis haven't quit, just became quiet.

Back
Top Bottom