W.Springfield Gun & Knife show carry question

The Edge Lab

Dealer
NES Member
I'm heading out to the show this weekend. I'm gonna bring a few handguns to trade possibly. Every show I have been too has asked at the door if I was carrying, which I never have been. I'm assuming they secure em or maybe not...I'm not sure.

Anyways, what's the routine when you carry at a show and when you bring weapons to trade?

They don't allow CCW at the show, only unloaded guns with zip-ties and they keep the ammo until you leave. There are no metal detectors however.

Bringing to trade, they will ensure that they are unloaded and zip-tie them, that's all.

How is this show compared to Marlboro. I am looking for a holster, and get my hands on some ARs to decide what to get myself for Christmas

Honestly they are all about the same. the last marlboro show I went to (last fall) was about the same size(maybe smaller) as the last westspringfield show. the big difference is ammo is in a tent with fewer vendors, and the parking fee. If you are traveling from eastern mass I am not sure I would come out. (I live 30 mins away)

I've been to that gun show before. There were 2 officers stationed at the door. I didn't bother carrying. I figured hell it's a gun show, there will be thousands of guns. It should be the most dangerous place in the world, more dangerous than spending an all expenses paid night at an ISIS hostel in Syria according to this politically aligned with Stalin. But I walked out a few hours later with an AR15, so I made up for not carrying ;)

I am hoping to go tomorrow. But this close to Christmas the money is already committed.

good turn out for vendors. got some brass for reloading and 2 ammo cans for 10 ea. not too crowded.

the surprise is vendors where not trying to gouge anyone on the price of ars etc. saw several in the 600 range.

Went today even though I am not shopping for any guns, just parts. Prices seemed a little better than usual. EXCEPT on those guns I would want. If I had the money.

Holding it in the Stroh building was a good move. Felt like it was filled up except for over on the left side (as you entered).

Two good laughs today. Passed by a couple who were looking at something and he said, "The wood matches your hair." I laughed and said to them, "I've never heard THAT line before.". They laughed also.

Then there was this guy walking around with a 8' staff topped with something inside of some sort of sheath. Had some sort of for sale sign on it, all I could make out was "CSA". My son who likes medieval history said that it looked like a pike. The next time we passed him I asked about it. He had a detailed story about how GA Governor Joe Brown during the Civil War was short of rifles for his men and decided to have companies make these 8' pikes to help arm his troops. He said that this was from that era and all original except for the butt cap on the bottom. And he was only asking a mere $1,500 for this piece of history. After we parted I told my son that there was little chance that this was an original piece, especially since there was probably no way to authenticate his story let alone the pike. Definitely an example of selling the story, not the item.

Next show: March 6-7.

Picked up a nice 1903. Forgot to bring me C&R picking it up from the dealer this week. Pictures then.

2d2bxqt.jpg

e9aziw.jpg

a4ght.jpg

2j4ogie.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up a nice 1903. Forgot to bring me C&R picking it up from the dealer this week. Pictures then.

almost went looking for one of those or an 03a3, but couldn't resist the nice weather to take the motorcycle out for a few last days, would've grabbed it on the c&r as well! nice score bill, enjoy and can't wait to see some pics. merry christmas to you and the family as well.

Grabbed a brand new and beautiful Rossi 92 in .45 Colt with a 20" barrel for $325. Good selection of C&R stuff, almost bought more but I've got more than enough calibers as it stands.

Back
Top Bottom