waiting for my new purchase.

I purchased a shotgun August 8th. I went back a week later with no joy. nothing from the fbi check yet. today is the 8th business day since the paperwork was submitted. are there defaults in place or can the ffl continue to hold the firearm?

I have cc permit if that has any value.

NH FFL

It's probably one of the shops that doesn't release on delay expiration/default proceed. Imho, there are an awful lot of these where the feds don't call back so you're going to be sitting there forever if it was me I would just ask for a refund if you put money into it.... and go shop elsewhere at this point but make sure you ask the dealer if they release guns after the three days.... because you're probably going to get delayed again...

Did you supply a SSN? I know we all hate putting down the number on poorly protected paperwork, but it can make a difference.

If you are repeatedly delayed, start the VAF process.

I purchased a shotgun August 8th...NH FFL
Being a New Hampshire FFL, I almost wonder if you might have better results buying a pistol/other, as those checks are processed by NH-DOS?
I suspect it would not, you'd still get hung up waiting for FBI to come back with an answer...

Did you supply a SSN? I know we all hate putting down the number on poorly protected paperwork, but it can make a difference.

Being a New Hampshire FFL, I almost wonder if you might have better results buying a pistol/other, as those checks are processed by NH-DOS?
I suspect it would not, you'd still get hung up waiting for FBI to come back with an answer...
Vaf done electronically is averaging about six days. We have been helping people self print and upload and the fbi has been amazingly fast to issue upins. No longer do you wait 9+ months from the old mail in method of applying.

not sure if they release on a delay. i buy a lot of ammo from there so i don't see why not. if not, i will seek a refund.
as for personal info they got the kitchen sink.

At least with the Fed check there is default release, I think it's 3 days. Sure the FFL will probably decline the sale, but there is a chance, and you can shop around, with the NH check they can just keep you waiting, there is no time limit. And all the NH people do is type the info into the fed system, manually, most of the time correctly, but last year they entered it incorrectly 18 times and got an incorrect Fed denial. Fortunately, this is one denial they can fix in NH, all others are passed up the chain to the Feds.

Vaf done electronically is averaging about six days. We have been helping people self print and upload and the fbi has been amazingly fast to issue upins. No longer do you wait 9+ months from the old mail in method of applying.

Is this all part of the same efile system you would use for NFA? or similar tech but different site?

At least with the Fed check there is default release, I think it's 3 days.

There's a default release in NH too if the poc calls the shop back and says delayed, which they often do. Particularly now with the avalanche of checks they are getting, there's no incentive for the POC to sit on stuff. An NH friend of mine just bought a G34 and the state delayed him, shop released 3 days after they issued the "delayed' edict.

I always put a social down. F@#$ it. You're not hiding anything. If they want information on you. They already have it. I have never been delayed.
I don't know if mass is the same as New Hampshire. But I'm sure now that I'm typing this next time I'll be delayed.

I always put a social down. F@#$ it. You're not hiding anything. If they want information on you. They already have it. I have never been delayed.
I don't know if mass is the same as New Hampshire. But I'm sure now that I'm typing this next time I'll be delayed.
I'm not interested in keeping my SSN out of the hands of the Fed/State, but no reason to leave a complete identity theft package sitting in the files of every LGS I buy from.

I never put my SSN down, and have never been delayed.

In fact, the FFL I was using for years actively discouraged me from including it. "And you're not going to include your SSN...right?"

That is great to know, I started the process but my local PD isn't doing prints. f***ing ridiculous!!

That is great to know, I started the process but my local PD isn't doing prints. f***ing ridiculous!!
Do them yourself. You can order ink from amazon. Remember with prints you don't PRESS, you just let gravity do its thing and you ROLL your finger in one direction and lift. its about making nice lines. That way the computer can scan them and you will get your VAF.

Right now we just have ink and a jig for holding the card. We will likely go electronic soon and offer the service for a small fee.

Do them yourself. You can order ink from amazon. Remember with prints you don't PRESS, you just let gravity do its thing and you ROLL your finger in one direction and lift. its about making nice lines. That way the computer can scan them and you will get your VAF.

Right now we just have ink and a jig for holding the card. We will likely go electronic soon and offer the service for a small fee.
Well damn didn't know you could do that. I thought you needed an official card from the PD or registered third party.

I have the cards, but no scanner. Would tsking a high resolution photo work if you converted to PDF?

you dont need to convert to PDF. Take a picture and upload the JPG. It really is easy

You need the official card, but you can get those for free form the ATF or FBI or pay for them on Amazon

Well damn didn't know you could do that. I thought you needed an official card from the PD or registered third party.

I have the cards, but no scanner. Would tsking a high resolution photo work if you converted to PDF?

Depends upon the state you're applying in. For example, Florida non-resident require you to use the form they send you, and to have your prints taken by a LEO.

you dont need to convert to PDF. Take a picture and upload the JPG. It really is easy

You need the official card, but you can get those for free form the ATF or FBI or pay for them on Amazon
Yeah got them from my ffl and just ordered the ink.

Depends upon the state you're applying in. For example, Florida non-resident require you to use the form they send you, and to have your prints taken by a LEO.
We are discussing the VAF and not any specific state license. The feds let you self print for NFA applications and your VAF.

Most state level permits require you to use law enforcement or someone with a waiver from the fbi to print. They may use the common form or have their own. You are correct, just out of context :)

It's like a card game. Dealers choice. Jack.
if you pick the right dealer no sweat.

the dealer i originally purchased from refunded my purchase price.
went online and found a better deal, had it shipped to an ffl i have used in the past.

it arrived yesterday, filled out the forms, got delayed. shock...lol
ffl says i'll call you when they approve it, or you can pick it up Thursday.
whichever comes first.

my kind of ffl.

Back
Top Bottom