Wal-mart ammo nearly 50% off.

IIRC they said they would finish up their contracts before stopping. So they have probably still been getting shipments in. The one I used to run near me looks like it hasn't skipped a beat as to what they have on hand. However I am in the deep south so YMMV.

Yeah, that makes sense... and given the soft-ness of the market, still might be some stuff around. At those prices though I would be surprised if they don't all get blown clean by this weekend.
-Mike

The reality is you won't know unless you get intel thats less than a few hours old, otherwise it's always a crapshoot. If you're going to waste time doing this, I would try to pick at least 2 or 3
stores to hit in a row, that way if you strike out, you move onto the next one.

-Mike

Thanks, I figured I would check the local ones around me and call it quits, while I don't want to support wally world in their decision to stop selling ammo, reality is that either I'm going to get the deal or someone else is, its not like I'm clearing it out so they can make a bunch of money off it and room to put more ammo on the shelf, so I have no problem taking it off their shelf at little to no margin...

you guys got me thinking I need to take a ride to check a local WM. another member a few posts back posted no deals at one WM near me, but brick seek seems to say there may be a decent deal to be had about a half hour away. guess ill get home from work a little late today.

I was just browsing that brickseek site and they have Federal 44 mag 240 gr 50 round boxes for $19. That's the cheapest 44 mag ammo I've ever seen. And 17 cents for 38 spl? Not bad for the non-reloader.

Just got back from the Plymouth Wallys. They had Remington 223 for $15 for a box of 100. I got 4 boxes. No 9mm on the shelves. I also bought a 100 round box of 38 spl, but at the regular price. The Henry 357/38 spl sure is a hungry fellow, second only to the 223 semiautos. I wish I had more disposable $’s this time of year!

I'm jealous, I'm still waiting for my town to un-f*** itself regarding my LTC that I can't hit as many Wally's as I could.

"It's happening" already, I'm seeing pics of people on faceplant cleaning out their walmarts with shopping carts full of ammo...

-Mike

1.) f*** Walmart
2.) My time is worth more than driving into natick to save a few.
3.) I already have multiple cases per caliber already (I know, buying more is better)
4.) f*** Walmart

Well, buying it at (likely) less than cost is kinda f***ing them. [rofl]

I won't do it though because by the time I show up, if there's only a few boxes left or whatever, the value prop/time cost thing of the whole deal
sucks. I'd rather go to "place I know here" knowing there's ammo there and just buy it. From someone who didnt cuck themselves out to
anti gun shitbirds. [laugh]

-Mike

Well, buying it at (likely) less than cost is kinda f***ing them. [rofl]

I won't do it though because by the time I show up, if there's only a few boxes left or whatever, the value prop/time cost thing of the whole deal
sucks. I'd rather go to "place I know here" knowing there's ammo there and just buy it. From someone who didnt cuck themselves out to
anti gun shitbirds. [laugh]

-Mike
Additionally, being a LGS in this shithole is hard enough as is. I'll proudly put food on their table before I give to Anti Sam.

Last edited:
I rarely go into a WM, but figured I'd try today and overheard a Fairhaven WM employee say someone had purchased nearly $1k of 9mm ammo the other day. I wonder which shop it was?

Beyond their not-nice corporate practices, I've always found Walmart a depressing place to shop. But if I'd been near one when this news broke I would have taken advantage of it. It's like fire sale pricing and I bet most of the ammo will be sold in a day.

Federal 44 mag 240 gr 50 round boxes for $19

At that price I'd be shopping for a .44 mag to put them in!

I rarely go into a WM, but figured I'd try today and overheard a Fairhaven WM employee say someone had purchased nearly $1k of 9mm ammo the other day. I wonder which shop it was?

May not have been a shop but just a flipper or someone who saw a good deal....

"It's happening" already, I'm seeing pics of people on faceplant cleaning out their walmarts with shopping carts full of ammo...

-Mike

Ah, I remember Sandy Hook like it was yesterday...

Ive always found the origins of words interesting. Seems the term skinflint is firearms related...

Skinflint is an old expression, probably from thieves slang, whose meaning suggested the idea that one would even skin a flint to save something of it.
The noun skinflint, which denotes a niggardly person, is first recorded in A New Dictionary of the Terms Ancient and Modern of the Canting Crew (London, 1699), by “B. E. Gent.”:
  • Skin-flint, a griping, sharping, close-fisted Fellow.
It is from the hyperbolical phrase to skin a flint, denoting excessive meanness or the willingness to go to extreme lengths to save or gain something.

(Wordhistories.com)
Lexicographer Craig M. Carver suggests that the idea skinning a flint may derive from riflemen:
The flint in skinflint is the hard stone used to spark fires when struck with iron or steel. Craig M. Carver, lexicographer and managing editor of the Dictionary of American Regional English writes about flint and its role in riflery, and how this inspired the word “skinflint”:
  • [The rifle] used a piece of flint held in a hammerlike device, or “cock.” When the trigger was pulled, the spring-loaded cock struck the flint against a steel plate… creating a shower of sparks. The flash of the priming powder in the pan just beneath the steel plate ignited the charge in the bore and fired the weapon... After repeated firings, the flint wore down. Most riflemen merely replaced the flint, but some penny-pinchers “skinned” or sharpened their flints with a knife.
(www.bozemandailychronicle.com)

I'm looking at that as wel, but it's not available on line

A buddy of mine snagged the Winchester 44 mag for $17 at his local Walmart. Even better. That’s getting close to what it costs me to reload 44 mag with a 240 gr JSP....

Last edited:
I went to walmart Monday to get some allergy meds and there was a kid near the pharmacy line hacking like he had tuberculosis so I went for a walk to sports. The ammo cab is fully stocked and nothing was on sale. They had a full array of AR calibers on hand. The one time there is someone working in the department and was willing to help me and I refused. I was just waiting for Sudafed and Nasacort.

Go for it.
Support your local laying down next to a Dick’s grabbing anti gun loving store to save a couple of bucks.
If money is that tight you’re doing something wrong.

How’s that?
i would love to find a EBT card holder with a LTC and buy as much ammo as the limit they have!

Back
Top Bottom