Wal-mart ammo nearly 50% off.

I'm honestly surprised there was even any left at all, I would have figured it would be all gone the night after it was announced, at those prices.

-Mike

I'm honestly surprised there was even any left at all, I would have figured it would be all gone the night after it was announced, at those prices.

-Mike
I know!! I thought the same. You can imagine the look on my face when I saw the ammo in Seabrook this morning lol. I was in disbelief.

Walpole was out of all 9mm and 223/556 today even though brickseek says they had a bunch in stock guy at the register said someone had cleared them out earlier today

Yeah, the online inventory thing is completely worthless when any kind of pressure is applied to the supply, we found that out years ago.

-Mike

I've got a feeling that the warehouse is not empty and Walmart is trickling out its inventory so that no store is overwhelmed...

I know!! I thought the same. You can imagine the look on my face when I saw the ammo in Seabrook this morning lol. I was in disbelief.

Did you do a george impression fighting your way to the ammo counter key guy?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TuEWtXBT_0

I remember those days too you would see like some people leering at the ammo but you knew they werent going to buy anything youd be standing there like, thinking I came here for that last 4 boxes of value pack 100 you pricks get lost!

The best was one someone in front of you would buy shit and think they only had X, but they werent aware of some other brand Y in the case in the same caliber. Was pretty funny because theyd be like "oh well get the last two boxes" then while the guys are getting their shit you say to the clerk "yeah ill take those 6 value packs over there on the far left, see" and then the other guys would shit their pants knowing they just missed out on 600 rounds of ammo... [rofl]

-Mike

The girl in Chicopee told me after January 1 they are donating all the unsold clearance ammo. I just grabbed 300 of .40 and 300 of .45

Did you do a george impression fighting your way to the ammo counter key guy?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TuEWtXBT_0

I remember those days too you would see like some people leering at the ammo but you knew they werent going to buy anything youd be standing there like, thinking I came here for that last 4 boxes of value pack 100 you pricks get lost!

The best was one someone in front of you would buy shit and think they only had X, but they werent aware of some other brand Y in the case in the same caliber. Was pretty funny because theyd be like "oh well get the last two boxes" then while the guys are getting their shit you say to the clerk "yeah ill take those 6 value packs over there on the far left, see" and then the other guys would shit their pants knowing they just missed out on 600 rounds of ammo... [rofl]

-Mike

Hahaha. No I didn’t have to do a Constanza impression since I was the only guy there and the employee was restocking shelves nearby so it took less than 10 min.

Oxford and Leicester are looking pretty light from that app. West Boylston and Worcester still have some sale items.

I thought I grabbed the last of the Tula x39 there. Was is it the 40 round boxes? Those were $5 a box. Damn, seven cents per round
Yeah those 40 boxes were $3.50 (8.7 cents). There were only 4 left. There was lots of 40 and 45, and less common calibers. The 308 was too rich for me.

Yeah those 40 boxes were $3.50 (8.7 cents). There were only 4 left. There was lots of 40 and 45, and less common calibers. The 308 was too rich for me.
Interesting. Evidently they got more since I was there on Wednesday night. AND they lowered the price since then. Wtf. I overpaid at $5 per box!...

I’m wondering if some Walmart have more “out back” or maybe still getting deliveries??

Interesting. Evidently they got more since I was there on Wednesday night. AND they lowered the price since then. Wtf. I overpaid at $5 per box!...

I’m wondering if some Walmart have more “out back” or maybe still getting deliveries??
IMO it's not worth going back. Even if you do find something, it'll only be 2-3 boxes. Definitely not worth it just to save a few bucks and support an Anti-2A corporation.

Keep buying from our TargetSports friends in Connecticut, and of course your LGS.

IMO it's not worth going back. Even if you do find something, it'll only be 2-3 boxes. Definitely not worth it just to save a few bucks and support an Anti-2A corporation.

Keep buying from our TargetSports friends in Connecticut, and of course your LGS.
Or you might find a fresh stock and save hundreds. They’re losing money at these prices, buy it now or your local shop will.

Hudson (MA) Walmart Ammo is now in play at 50% off.

I called the manager this morning and asked WTF was up with his prices.

He said he'd look into it.

Prices updated to 50% off this evening.

Full stock of pistol ammo--(2) 475 packs of green-tip AR ammo in stock as of half an hour ago.

ETA: NOTE that the 475 round packs of 62 grain green tip do NOT appear on Brickseek, but they ARE in inventory, on the bottom shelf.

Happy hunting.

ETA: I had to force the issue--the bitch working the counter clearly did NOT want to sell the ammo to me, she claimed that I would have to come back tomorrow because she could not sell the ammo until the price updated in the system, which I half-suspected was bullshit (and confirmed as bullshit at the customer service desk, I'm thinking there is some f***y insider deal going on in that department, employees or neckbeard-friends-of-employees). Finally I called a manager and he forced her to scan the price and it came up correctly at 50% off, then she mumbled some excuse about how she didn't have a license to sell ammo. I think he understood there was something wrong with her responses. If she gives you any attitude, tell her that you want to speak to an associate manager.

Last edited:
Hudson Walmart Ammo is now in play at 50% off.

I called the manager this morning and asked WTF was up with his prices.

He said he'd look into it.

Prices updated this evening.

Full stock of pistol ammo--(2) 475 packs of green-tip AR ammo in stock as of half an hour ago.

Happy hunting.

ETA: I had to force the issue--the bitch working the counter clearly did NOT want to sell the ammo to me, she claimed that I would have to come back tomorrow because she could not sell the ammo until the price updated in the system, which I half-suspected was bullshit (and confirmed as bullshit at the customer service desk, I'm thinking there is some f***y insider deal going on in that department, employees or neckbeard-friends-of-employees). Finally I called a manager and he forced her to scan the price and it came up correctly at 50% off, then she mumbled some excuse about how she didn't have a license to sell ammo. I think he understood there was something wrong with her responses. If she gives you any attitude, tell her that you want to speak to an associate manager.
Wow that’s some bullshit. Definitely sounds like some insider f***ery

I always run into strange, passive-aggressive behavior whenever I try to buy ammo at that Walmart.

Back when the 420 round cans of XM855 were discounted to $89, Brickseek showed 2 in stock, and everybody was pretending that they didn't know where they were. So I got a manger involved--and suddenly, when the manager arrived on deck, they abruptly had an insight that maybe it was in the cage in back!

Surprise.

I bought both.

You all are bunch of commies!

Don’t shop at Walmart!!!!!!!

Shop at your local gun shop.

(After they shop at Walmart)

You all are bunch of commies!

Don’t shop at Walmart!!!!!!!

Shop at your local gun shop.

(After they shop at Walmart)

I had to take a look... 62 grain Green Tip 5.56 for $0.15 a round.. Let's just say all my family and friends are getting ammo for Christmas. I would like to thank the liberals at Wal Mart that made this decision. My Grandchildren will be set up for decades to come. :)🇺🇸

I always run into strange, passive-aggressive behavior whenever I try to buy ammo at that Walmart.

Back when the 420 round cans of XM855 were discounted to $89, Brickseek showed 2 in stock, and everybody was pretending that they didn't know where they were. So I got a manger involved--and suddenly, when the manager arrived on deck, they abruptly had an insight that maybe it was in the cage in back!

Surprise.

I bought both.

I think it has something to do with the personalities. In Plaistow I would usually get people who were perfectly decent. When I told them what I was looking for, they even told me dates shipments come (if they had no idea when it will be) or even a couple times definitively if it was coming in the next shipment once or twice.

Only one poor experience and that was someone conflating alcohol policy with vs "ammo law". (Insisted all people in a party needed LTC for me to buy ammo, likely them just thinking they would get in trouble but they pulled the "make an exception this time" so I didn't push it up the chain)

I do wonder what the shelves will end up stocked with as it has to be something justifying the desk and case but also turn over enough to make the area profitable.

... Only one poor experience and that was someone conflating alcohol policy with vs "ammo law". (Insisted all people in a party needed LTC for me to buy ammo, likely them just thinking they would get in trouble ...

Wait, so you are saying a mother or father cannot go into a liquor store and purchase a bottle of wine because they have kids in tow?

Wait, so you are saying a mother or father cannot go into a liquor store and purchase a bottle of wine because they have kids in tow?

Said policy, not law. It's common store policy that all individuals in a party be carded when someone is buying alcohol. As it is "policy" and not law it can have any carve out they want. If someone says "that's my son" then they don't care?

In a college area one store may say they aren't selling to the parent who has 10 random freshman picking out the beer they want, another store might say if under age (regardless of relation) can't touch or carry it but can accompany the parent. Had that happen once, and I think my dad just said "oh well then I need you to get someone to carry this case of wine" and they relented. Places like Walmart tend to have a "we card no matter the age on every sale" party line, so wouldn't be surprised if the lady just had a few wires crossed.

Another random story. Was maybe 10, at store with my father. Lady getting carded at the next register over flips out that she is being picked on when they didn't card "the boy over there". Someone points out that I am clearly a kid and too young to even have an ID to check (obviously too young to have learner's permit or license).

Policy is always a "at the owners convenience" kind of thing. I once was at a driving range and there were signs everywhere saying you had to have a driver's license to use their golf carts. Manager comes over to my friend and I and asks if we would shuttle some carts around. We point out we are 14/15 and don't have licenses. Guy rolls his eyes and asks if we will do it for 2 buckets each. We weren't negotiating, but ok fine we will rip around in carts for half an hour then go back to hitting balls. Moral of the story, policy is never black and white.

... I once was at a driving range and there were signs everywhere saying you had to have a driver's license to use their golf carts. Manager comes over to my friend and I and asks if we would shuttle some carts around. We point out we are 14/15 and don't have licenses. Guy rolls his eyes and asks if we will do it for 2 buckets each. We weren't negotiating, but ok fine we will rip around in carts for half an hour then go back to hitting balls. ...

When I was a kid, I worked at a local country club on the range and in the pro shop. I was about 14-15, and my job was to take out carts and put them away (chargers mostly). It was also to drive the tractor with the cage around the range, picking up balls. Now, I find the idea of driving golf carts and tractors fun NOW, let alone when I was 14 and had no other driving going on. The bonus was when I was a little older, the pro would toss me his keys and ask me to go get a couple pizzas for him and me. It was a manual Toyota Corolla wagon, and I learned how to drive a stick on that thing. Can't guess how many times I started out in third. Point is, people obsess on too many small things nowadays, and report/(post) too much to the world. Just do your job and mind your own business everyone.

I had to take a look... 62 grain Green Tip 5.56 for $0.15 a round.. Let's just say all my family and friends are getting ammo for Christmas. I would like to thank the liberals at Wal Mart that made this decision. My Grandchildren will be set up for decades to come. :)🇺🇸

Yeah, did you clean out Hudson of XM855?

I almost bought it all (because it made no sense not to) but I was SO f***ing aggravated with the passive aggressive bullshit this bitch was pulling that I just wanted to walk away.

Glad it found a good home.

Yeah, did you clean out Hudson of XM855?

I almost bought it all (because it made no sense not to) but I was SO f***ing aggravated with the passive aggressive bullshit this bitch was pulling that I just wanted to walk away.

Glad it found a good home.

Nope, that wasn’t me. I’m 100 miles away.. Just told my wife I should have bought everything and opened up my own store. She was happy that I only spent $40.00. 😉 😉 Sometimes it’s OK to leave out a zero

Back
Top Bottom