• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wal-mart ammo nearly 50% off.

Walmart is def losing money on this. Their margin is not the ~50% off they are offering no way
im guessing they made a deal with distributor/manufact ure to get out of the contract with out having to pay out even more money for breach of contract?

I'm honestly surprised there was even any left at all, I would have figured it would be all gone the night after it was announced, at those prices.

-Mike
I think your right that theres a lot of shooters who are not going to waste thier time hoping stores have any inventory.
The 3 walmarts close to me always sucked for inventory so im not going out of my way to check.
I also think those who got caught with their pants down the last shortage stocked up deep when ammo prices came back to "normal" .
I told a few friends that I know would be walmart ammo anyway , So far one old timer reported back . A variety of 38spl and 44 came home with him .....all 50% off he bought all they had , 325 rounds total.

Plus I have enough shit 223 to last a life time and cant carry enough of it in a SHT F moment that I would need more.

And the next stop is half price 737MAX tickets, come and get them! Do the boxes have rat droppings in them?

And the next stop is half price 737MAX tickets, come and get them! Do the boxes have rat droppings in them?

None of mine did.

And for anybody who is curious about who has exactly what in stock, Brickseek is a handy tool. All you need is a SKU or UPC.

Not always 100% accurate, but it does check Walmart's inventory databases.

It has generally been on the money for me--enough so that I've successfully asked Walmart employeees to check out back, and they found the item Brickseek showed as being in stock.

The girl in Chicopee told me after January 1 they are donating all the unsold clearance ammo. I just grabbed 300 of .40 and 300 of .45

they should just donate it to law enforcement because I will never buy anything from them.

im guessing they made a deal with distributor/manufact ure to get out of the contract with out having to pay out even more money for breach of contract?

I am guessing they will donate it, at some inflated price, as a tax saving write-off.

Interesting. Evidently they got more since I was there on Wednesday night. AND they lowered the price since then. Wtf. I overpaid at $5 per box!...
I’m wondering if some Walmart have more “out back” or maybe still getting deliveries??

...And for anybody who is curious about who has exactly what in stock, Brickseek is a handy tool. All you need is a SKU or UPC.
Not always 100% accurate, but it does check Walmart's inventory databases.
It has generally been on the money for me--enough so that I've successfully asked Walmart employeees to check out back, and they found the item Brickseek showed as being in stock.

At the Worcester store, they had 2 employees with carts bringing out what they had, and were PACKING the cases full. They were jamming overstock in the back where there were empty spots, so they could empty the box and clear out the old inventory. There was a lot of 30-06, 30-30, 54R, but that was not on sale. HINT: The clerk said anything ending in .00 was a sale price. One even went out to the back to check if there was any more of something. There was lots of .380, but not sure of the prices.

Last edited:
they should just donate it to law enforcement because I will never buy anything from them.

I get it, and to be honest, I need 5.56 like I need a hole in the head.

IMG_0915.jpg

But at $.15/rd (no tax), my kid's kids will be shooting this stuff. At those prices, they are essentially "donating it" to my grandkids.

Nope, that wasn’t me. I’m 100 miles away.. Just told my wife I should have bought everything and opened up my own store. She was happy that I only spent $40.00. 😉 😉 Sometimes it’s OK to leave out a zero

just one zero?
Then you definitely didn’t buy enough...

Hadley's cleaned out.
9mm and 556 gone, some 40 left, one box of 380.
wasn't me...I've got "enough" ammo. :rolleyes: :D
All that's left is the price tags.

Has anyone seen this Walmart Sell-Off in the News? I'm curious that it has not gathered much steam...

In West Boylston there were several more boxes of UMC 45 at $25 for 100 rounds but TS just about has the same prices with no tax and they have treated me very well.

Cool, I was just about to go there from West Boylston but I’ll grab a Cumby’s coffee up the street and call it day. No big loss, lol. I still have my first love Target Sports.
Kinda bummed theyre charging MA sales tax now. Free shipping is nice and so are their prices, but I liked the fact that I was not only accumulating ammo at good prices but was also avoiding feeding the beast. Wonder why that kicked in all of the sudden

Hudson, NH had 12 200-round boxes of Winchester White box value-pak in .40 S&W for $30.00 and nothing else other than .22lr and shotshells, as far as the "bad, killy" ammo.

None for me though. I've got 2 lifetimes of inventory...

Edit: wrong quantity cited.

Last edited:
Hudson, NH had 12 100-round boxes of Winchester White box value-pak in .40 S&W for $30.00 and nothing else other than .22lr and shotshells, as far as the "bad, killy" ammo.

None for me though. I've got 2 lifetimes of inventory...

Crap, that's high. I paid exactly $15/box for that same ammo at that same Walmart two days ago.

Crap, that's high. I paid exactly $15/box for that same ammo at that same Walmart two days ago.

I thought so too. Maybe they marked it back up because Dec. 31 is still 2 weeks away, and some sucker will pay full price...?

Those boxes looked kinda lonely all by themselves...

Back
Top Bottom