Wal-Mart in Sturbridge is finally selling ammo again

I went to Wal-Mart in Sturbridge today looking for 12 gauge brushes and noticed someone buying ammo. I could not believe my eyes. Finally, after 2+ years of no ammo sales they decided to renew their license. It is about time.

Was at the Lynn, MA WalMart on Saturday. No ammo. [sad2]

Ah, to be in a free state. It must be really nice.

Was at the Lynn, MA WalMart on Saturday. No ammo. [sad2]

Ah, to be in a free state. It must be really nice.

they never had it there even when the store first opened they never really wanted it and their permit never got granted and they were happy about it

Danvers Wal-Mart sells ammo, but last time I was there the sales associate told me they are "scaling" back on AMMO after they finish reorganizing the store.

He said only "bulk" packs will availalbe - whatever that means

Salem and Lynn - never seen ammo there... LOL, come to think about it. i don't even think they have targets there either. At least some of the other Walmarts still sell targets, BB Guns and knives... Lynn and Salem? NOPE.

gee, i wonder why....

Danvers Wal-Mart sells ammo, but last time I was there the sales associate told me they are "scaling" back on AMMO after they finish reorganizing the store.

He said only "bulk" packs will availalbe - whatever that means

Salem and Lynn - never seen ammo there... LOL, come to think about it. i don't even think they have targets there either. At least some of the other Walmarts still sell targets, BB Guns and knives... Lynn and Salem? NOPE.

gee, i wonder why....

Lynn had knives but no targets.

Knowing the Sturbridge store quite well, I would say once the ammo is gone we will see no more. Sturbridge is a "dump store" for Walmart. This being any merchandise not sold in other stores is all brought to Sturbridge before it goes back in a warehouse.[frown]

Knowing the Sturbridge store quite well, I would say once the ammo is gone we will see no more. Sturbridge is a "dump store" for Walmart. This being any merchandise not sold in other stores is all brought to Sturbridge before it goes back in a warehouse.[frown]

Not sure about it being a dumping ground store. I do know the town was giving them some hassle about the permit and I think Walmart was a little lax in pushing it through. It got cleared up a little while ago, which is why you are seeing ammo in Sturbridge. My Dad will be happy as he's always complaining about the price of ammo and could never understand why they didn't push harder to have it in Sturbridge.

The delay in the license to sell ammo was related to a change in manager and the fact that the manager was not a resident of Mass. They have been selling ammo since at least mid-April, when I first posted it.

salem did have them at one point but about a year or two after they opened they got Rosie-ized and shipped everything to Danvers to sell off and they were not going to restalk anymore but at some point they changed their minds and now they do have some stuff

Just shoot up (no pun intended) Rt9 and stop by the Leicester was...I was there last night and they had a good selection of ammo.

Walmart in North Dartmouth actually installed a new large ammo cabinet. They had a 3' x 3' section of counter storage for ammo only. Nice to see!

Heck I remember when they were selling guns too.....thats ok though I don't think there prices are all that great on ammo anyways, but its better than nothing the way things are going in MA.

FYI- Stopped by the Wally World in Hinsdale NH, just outside of Brattleboro, VT and picked up a few hundred rounds of Winchester White Box. The value packs (100r) were $19 and they had plenty in stock. No visible firearms. I don't know if they were selling them or not as I didn't ask.

salem did have them at one point but about a year or two after they opened they got Rosie-ized and shipped everything to Danvers to sell off and they were not going to restalk anymore but at some point they changed their minds and now they do have some stuff

I was at the Salem Wally World a few weeks ago looking for a fishing reel. They didn't have what I wanted and the store manager took me all over the store (out back, upstairs, etc etc) looking for one. He was a great guy. I asked him if they would ever sell ammo there and he even seemed surprised to learn that other Walmarts did.

Back
Top Bottom