Wallum Lake 3-Gun rules for 2018?

Is Wallum Lake going to use 3GN rules or some outlaw rules this year?

Anyone have the rules/divisions if they aren’t 3GN?

I know it’s a run what ya brung no division match. Not versed enough with rules to comment on ‘em.

No divisions. No idea how they score it, but I’m sure it’ll be similar to any of the 3-gun systems (3GN, USPSA, local, etc). Much of the differences are in the divisions/classes in the first place.

In all local matches I’ve shot in NH and ME it’s pretty relaxed and not super competitive. Time penalties have been
5 second failure to neutralize.
10 second miss.
15 second failure to engage.
20 second hitting a no shoot.
DQ for any safety violation.

Paper is usually 1 hit in the A or -0 (depending on target type), or 2 hits anywhere on paper.

Not that that helps much for Wallum Lake though...

No divisions. No idea how they score it, but I’m sure it’ll be similar to any of the 3-gun systems (3GN, USPSA, local, etc). Much of the differences are in the divisions/classes in the first place.

In all local matches I’ve shot in NH and ME it’s pretty relaxed and not super competitive. Time penalties have been
5 second failure to neutralize.
10 second miss.
15 second failure to engage.
20 second hitting a no shoot.
DQ for any safety violation.

Paper is usually 1 hit in the A or -0 (depending on target type), or 2 hits anywhere on paper.

Not that that helps much for Wallum Lake though...
I have yet to see someone DQ'd for a safety violation.....

I have yet to see someone DQ'd for a safety violation.....

I had to DQ someone last year at the Aiming for Zero match at Pioneer in Dunbarton, NH.

He had finished shooting the last stage. Was totally done. All he had to do was unload his shotgun. He did that by pulling the trigger. SMH.

Another person at the match was DQ’d for breaking the 180 I believe.

Wallum Lake 3 gun =

- slightly lax on scoring (rifle @ 2 holes anywhere on paper in any scoring zone = hit & engaged), steel falling for handgun = scored, clays breaking & steel falling for shotgun = scored. there are (of course) penalties for misses or hitting no-shoots, etc...
- lax on divisions, they just want everyone to enjoy themselves and the stuff they bring while staying safe, so... no big deal if you have a high capacity anything, optics of any kind for anything, etc...

it's a nice entry level format to get your feet wet in 3-gun, while is also challenging for the skilled shooters

very reasonably priced and good group of staff

Back
Top Bottom