• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walpole Sportsman's Association Website

I've been interested in finding out more information about membership at the Walpole Sportsman's Association and noticed their site comes up as suspended. Any members here have contact info for the club? I'm trying to find a club nearish Boston area where I can occasionally do some trap shooting and I heard great things about that club.

I've been interested in finding out more information about membership at the Walpole Sportsman's Association and noticed their site comes up as suspended. Any members here have contact info for the club? I'm trying to find a club nearish Boston area where I can occasionally do some trap shooting and I heard great things about that club.

What would you like to know? I have been an active member there for years, past board member as well.

@slap shot, thanks for the info! I'll check it out.

@edin508 I was mostly curious about the membership process and ranges/field setup at facility. Does membership require sponsorship by a current member? I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a friendly club where I can do some trap shooting on the weekends. Went for the first time in many years a few weeks ago and loved every minute of it. Would love to be able to go regularly.

@slap shot, thanks for the info! I'll check it out.

@edin508 I was mostly curious about the membership process and ranges/field setup at facility. Does membership require sponsorship by a current member? I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a friendly club where I can do some trap shooting on the weekends. Went for the first time in many years a few weeks ago and loved every minute of it. Would love to be able to go regularly.

Haha! I should just copy and paste all the info i just sent Coz.

But, we are open to the public every thursday night (steak and clays) and Sunday AM for you guys that like to shoot at clays. Show up with a gun and break some clays! It is also a good way to meet some people at the club and get the scoop.

Haha! I should just copy and paste all the info i just sent Coz.

But, we are open to the public every thursday night (steak and clays) and Sunday AM for you guys that like to shoot at clays. Show up with a gun and break some clays! It is also a good way to meet some people at the club and get the scoop.

@edin508, would you mind PM'ing me a copy of the info you sent Coz? ...and thanks for following up. Steaks and Clays sounds amazing, how late in the season does it run, now that it gets dark at 5:00?

@edin508, would you mind PM'ing me a copy of the info you sent Coz? ...and thanks for following up. Steaks and Clays sounds amazing, how late in the season does it run, now that it gets dark at 5:00?

It is run all year round. Our trap, skeet and 5-stand are lit up. Those little clays look like they are glowing with all of the lights on.

Excellent! Great to hear you had a good time and broke some clays. I showed up just in time to watch the game in the club house. You should have stuck around for the game, we had fresh venison sausage, pheasant and some venison back straps for game munchies.

I was here for the sporting clays shoot last week and noticed something going on with the pistol/rifle range. What are they doing to it? I am always so close to joining this club if it wasnt for the bad skeet field and my loyalty to my current club. The five stand and all around feel to this place is pretty great. I suppose I could be a member at two.

They are just cleaning things up around it a bit. Getting some trees out that are in poor shape, rebuilding the stairs down to the range, and throwing down some dirt to level things out and also so the rain drains away from it better. They also replaced some of the older lighting with newer led lights, just some good old maintenance going on.

Was here last week with a member. Felt good slapping the plates at 105m with my Garand and AR! I very well might be joining soon. Nothing against my current club, just time for a change.

-JR

Back
Top Bottom