• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walther P22 OOOPS

Stroeman

NES Member
Went to the range today when this happened. Called Walther explained what happened the guy oh ya just send us the pieces we'll send you a new slide. I ask doesthis happen often? He says yes it happens but not with our improved slides. We'll see thumbnail_20170817_130731.jpg thumbnail_20170817_130740.jpg

"Improved slides"? As in, they ship pistols with defective slides and don't contact the owners?

Sorry that happened to you. I had heard of that happening with some of their earlier production runs. I have had one since 2011 myself. So far so good. I have shot it quite a lot, with no issues. Good luck with getting yours fixed.

I just sold my P22. It was a decent gun. Reliable with cci and golden bullet. Pretty fun but I replaced it with a dedicated .22 Glock.

I have heard about the potential for crappy pot metal slides but never believed it until now.

my slide failed also, purchased 10/2011, shipped to Walther for replacement 7/2013

have not used it much since then since toys that are more fun have been puchased

"MIM"...

The particle board of the gun world...

That was a horrible gun, never made it through a magazine without jamming. Sold it for dirt cheap. The guy asked why so cheap, I told him it sucks and always jams. He bought it and off he went.

Back
Top Bottom