Walther P22 QD tactical

DJBrad

NES Member
Just finished 1k rounds of CCI mini-mags with one single ftf. I believe that was based on one round not properly seated in the mag so it very well could have been my fault as the strike was in the outside edge of the casing.

This is one sweet pistol. Next step is to find a way that is less difficult than getting my 07 ffl to get a suppressor for it. Oh how I want a Gemtech or Silencerco for it

Sights needed small tweak with the rear being adjusted. It was a very windy day but this one vid was of a break in that session.

Last edited:
I read, about a year ago, of a suppressed P22 which spectacularly malfunctioned. The excess blowback pressure blew the slide right off the frame. The shooter was lucky to escape being hit in the schnozz.

Yeah, I want one of the striker versions, but I've seen two separate Walthers that the slides have sheered right off that steers me away from them. They replaced the guns with wonderful customer service, but that is something that keeps me away and just using my citation and M41. Glad to hear you like the thing though, being able to suppress any .22 is always a treat.

I read, about a year ago, of a suppressed P22 which spectacularly malfunctioned. The excess blowback pressure blew the slide right off the frame. The shooter was lucky to escape being hit in the schnozz.

Yeah, I want one of the striker versions, but I've seen two separate Walthers that the slides have sheered right off that steers me away from them. They replaced the guns with wonderful customer service, but that is something that keeps me away and just using my citation and M41. Glad to hear you like the thing though, being able to suppress any .22 is always a treat.

I wonder whether these particular P22’s were the previous gen? The slide frame rails are fairly short so I guess excess blowback could cause this to happen. Hot .22 ammo? So far so good though.

I wonder whether these particular P22’s were the previous gen? The slide frame rails are fairly short so I guess excess blowback could cause this to happen. Hot .22 ammo? So far so good though.
Not really sure, I witnessed one and saw the aftermath of the other. They weren't particularly old firearms, but I do know at least one of them had a steady diet of minimags. Not sure if that is relevant or should be relevant, but something to note. Still nice handguns and they both failed in surprisingly safe ways. Can't speak to the other comment though. That sucks

Back
Top Bottom