• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WALTHER PDP

I don’t get it... The major parts are compatible with the PPQ so is this basically the PPQ with some small upgrades?

is this walther’s 14th or 15th pistol design in past decade? im sure this one will check all the boxes. /sarc

walther’s build quality has always been high but as a pistol designer they are straight up lost.

is this walther’s 14th or 15th pistol design in past decade? im sure this one will check all the boxes. /sarc

walther’s build quality has always been high but as a pistol designer they are straight up lost.
Actually I kinda think it's the opposite... I feel like they're going full beretta they have a decent design that works...ppq so let's do everything we can to it... compact, long slide... etc etc and keep everything close to the same but different enough where u need new accessories for each gun.

Basically a full size/compact PPQ but a bit lighter, a bit better trigger, and much better grip texture. And optics ready. I'm in for giving one a spin.

I wonder if I can buy a stepped chamber reamer.

No, not for an existing barrel, but for making my own barrel from a blank.

Well in my opinion, the P99 was one of the best guns I had ever held and shot. The reset on that DA/SA trigger is phenomenal. Freaking love that gun so the fact that they keep staying in that design realm is fine by me
I loved my 99 til I got a ppq... then I dumped my 99

Ppqs are the balls

Bigger than a ppq... I like it

But essentially Walther just made a canik?

So a Glock that mags cost $150/ea?

But, but, but, didn't you see those bearded operators operating operationally? It must be good!! [wink]

BTW, for anyone who hasn't handled a Canik yet, they are really nice guns for the price point.

Will it be available in Massachusetts soon?
I would be surprised. The PDP has a 4.5-5.5# trigger without any external safety. I doubt if Walther will go the S&W route and mess up the trigger by making it a 12# pull. I think that’s why they never submitted the PPS M2 or the PPQ. They can’t meet the AG’s “consumer protection” BS. The only guns they’ve added to any MA roster in the last several years have been the PPQ M2 Q5 Match (both polymer and steel) to the Formal Target Shooting Roster where you can have a trigger pull below 4#.

That being said, the HK VP9 is on the “list” and it isn’t that much different than the full size PDP, so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom