• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WANTED, A Range for a 4 July Appleseed

Well, the title says it all.

The April 19/20 "All hands on Deck" was so successful, that we're considering it again on the 4th of July weekend. (And this is the first place you'll hear it publicly).

So, I'm asking for input on a range. Find me a good sized one, and I'd LOVE one in NH.

2 locations (at the same time) is also possible, so consider that as well.

Hey Nickle,

It was good meeting you at Harvard last Saturday.

If you do schedule an Appleseed for that weekend, could you do it on the 5th and 6th?

We already have an NES shoot scheduled for the 4th:
http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29462

I'd offer to host it in conjunction with the shoot, but we have only two ranges and will likely have upwards of 100 people.

There's an event already scheduled on that range we used, but I'll see what we can do for another range.

I'll leave it as Crak's call as to where he does the Appleseed.

Please do keep me in the loop, as I run the Instructor Schedule and will be the one that gets it scheduled.

EC, I'm a little concerned that both Shirley and the alternate range I was thinking of using at Harvard won't have a wide enough firing line (from Google Earth measurements) if we get more than half the turnout we did last week. I'm also trying to find somewhere where appleseed wouldn't shut down the club to its own membership who just wanted to come shoot on a holiday weekend.

Also, at Shirley, is there a berm that would contain shots not fired into the bunkers on the rifle range?

Yeah, there's a berm. However, all shots on the rifle range are supposed to be directed at the bunkers.

I was afraid of that. I don't think it's going to work then. I'll know a little more about the situation after tonight.

Well, the title says it all.

The April 19/20 "All hands on Deck" was so successful, that we're considering it again on the 4th of July weekend. (And this is the first place you'll hear it publicly).

So, I'm asking for input on a range. Find me a good sized one, and I'd LOVE one in NH.

2 locations (at the same time) is also possible, so consider that as well.

How much of a range do you need ?
I can ask about getting the outdoor range at Woodsman in Athol. Its a three sided 100 foot sandpit style range.

There is a covered shooting station about 40 feet long but the range is two or three times wider.

Near Dunbarton, NH (maybe VT or ME) and I'm in... In MA I'm not in.

Proctor, VT. Bring LOTS of ammo and a .22.

NH is coming, sometime.

Guys, I don't get paid for this, nor do Crak, Dwarven1 pr Martlet.

So, help us out, by doing the leg work in your area for the range. That's how we got Harvard (crak), Jericho (me) and Proctor (GMB74, you know him as Jim). We can help you do up the paperwork, but, somebody has got to talk to the powers that be at the range. That somebody can be YOU.

Last edited:

NH is coming, sometime.

Guys, I don't get paid for this, nor do Crak, Dwarven1 pr Martlet.

So, help us out, by doing the leg work in your area for the range. That's how we got Harvard (crak), Jericho (me) and Proctor (GMB74, you know him as Jim). We can help you do up the paperwork, but, somebody has got to talk to the powers that be at the range. That somebody can be YOU.

If I join a club conducive to a shoot like this I will definitely push for a Appleseed shoot there at some point. Once Londonderry F&G gets their easement and it's easier to access it I will speak with the president/board. Currently I/another member would have to be there to open/close the three gates. I don't know how clubs react to non-members asking about hosting a shoot like this. I'll see if I can find someone from Nashua and ask.

Do you guys still want me to ask about Shirley on the 5th and 6th?

If so, I'll need a firm commitment that you guys are going to show up and do it. When we close the range for an event, a notice goes up on our website and the members are notified in the Outdoor Message. I don't want all of that to happen and then not have the event.

What do you think?

Just curious as to why you say 'and a .22'.

I shot off an email to the secretary at LF&G. We'll see how it goes. I think access to the range will be the biggest problem until they have an easement.

Also, what about land that is conservation land in which the police/locals shoot on?

Back
Top Bottom