Ware Walmart

Was at Walmart Mart in Ware yesterday (Friday) and the employee told me she sold $3K worth of ammo the day after they announced no more ammo sales. All the 9MM and .22 (except for CCI) was wiped out.

Was at Walmart Mart in Ware yesterday (Friday) and the employee told me she sold $3K worth of ammo the day after they announced no more ammo sales. All the 9MM and .22 (except for CCI) was wiped out.
Note to Walmart you're cutting your own throat! Unfortunately in some areas there is only a Walmart for people to to buy ammo.
That's the issue. People out there away from FSGuns or Bass Pro or Cabela's or other sources of reasonably priced ammo have always relied on Walmart to be able to afford to shoot. Those are the good folks (buying 20-25% of all ammo) being hurt by this Wal-Mart silliness. Yes, bulk buying is an alternative, but it's not for everyone. Enthusiasts, yes. Everyday lunch pail Joes, not so much. [thinking]

I hate Walmart before they stopped selling ammo but it was convenient to run into one of you needed to grad a few boxes of something. Sucks every box store around here that sold ammo is long gone The Fair K mart Spags

yeah, the buzzards are circling the carcasses.

I bought ammo a couple times at Walmart years ago before I knew better. Crap ammo competitively priced but awful service. Left the store more than once without ammo because there wasn’t anyone there who could open the ammo case and when I was able to get it I had to hunt/wait for the person who could sell it to me. I get that in free states it’s probably a little less onerous but I imagine you still have to wait for someone to get it for you.

yeah, you missed my point. anyway....

the average club shooter isn't going to tell himself he's going shooting a week from Tuesday so he'll order 1 box of ammo online now.
Exactly. And how many Joe Sixpack occasional shooters out in the sticks are going to sign up and pay $95/year for free shipping? But if they don't, those 2-3 boxes of ammo they want are going to cost them a fortune with shipping added. Like them or not, that's where Wal-Mart helped us before going all anti on us. [thinking]

Exactly. And how many Joe Sixpack occasional shooters out in the sticks are going to sign up and pay $95/year for free shipping? But if they don't, those 2-3 boxes of ammo they want are going to cost them a fortune with shipping added. Like them or not, that's where Wal-Mart helped us before going all anti on us. [thinking]

While I wouldn't go there myself, Walmart no longer selling ammo is not a good thing for gun owners.

Last edited:
While I wouldn't go there myself, Walmart not selling ammo is not a good thing for gun owners.
Yep. Just remember that figure: Wal-Mart owned more than 20% of the US retail ammo market before going anti on us. While that may not affect you or me (or even most NES members), that is going to affect somebody for sure... and that is not good for the long-term future of 2A in America. [thinking]

What are the requirements to sell ammunition in Massachusetts? I imagine there are probably extra fire precautions, etc.

No guns, just ammo. Just curious.

right. a lot of the folks here think everyone buys ammo in bulk and they don't. target sports is basically useless to the buy on the fly shooter.

Those people should stop being nippleheads and get with the program, they probably drive around with mostly empty gas tanks all the time too.... buying ammo has never been convenient. This dictates preparation.

I agree though that in the short term having less places to buy ammo isn't good, ,but we'll see how the market responds. The market served by walmart isn't just going to go away.

-Mike

I agree though that in the short term having less places to buy ammo isn't good, ,but we'll see how the market responds. The market served by walmart isn't just going to go away.
I can tell you how Cabela's in Berlin is responding. They are dragging out ammo onto the floor like it is WWIII. [laugh] Give them credit. They know a golden opportunity when they see it. [thumbsup]

I can tell you how Cabela's in Berlin is responding. They are dragging out ammo onto the floor like it is WWIII. [laugh] Give them credit. They know a golden opportunity when they see it. [thumbsup]

Yes. At 20 to 30 percent more than Wally World prices. They do see a great opportunity, but it is not due to increased volume, it's due to the decrease in price competition.

Walmart had, by their own estimate, 20% of the market. They were then able to pressure suppliers on price and also keep their own retail prices relatively low. I think we are likely to see an increase in ammo prices across the board when everything settles out and everyone else adjusts to not having this large player involved.

Those people should stop being nippleheads and get with the program, they probably drive around with mostly empty gas tanks all the time too.... buying ammo has never been convenient. This dictates preparation.

-Mike
Yup, I bet all those people who complain that they don’t have the $99 for target sports Prime Membership sure do have $99 for an Amazon prime membership.

Drunk driving hit and run is a major problem in the Nation,

I fully expect Walmart to close off all their parking lots in response.

Yup, I bet all those people who complain that they don’t have the $99 for target sports Prime Membership sure do have $99 for an Amazon prime membership.

With the amount of money they waste at walmart on rifle ammo (it's overpriced vs floor there) they could have paid for tsusa prime or a few gas tanks to get to nh and back...
Yes. At 20 to 30 percent more than Wally World prices. They do see a great opportunity, but it is not due to increased volume, it's due to the decrease in price competition.

Walmart had, by their own estimate, 20% of the market. They were then able to pressure suppliers on price and also keep their own retail prices relatively low. I think we are likely to see an increase in ammo prices across the board when everything settles out and everyone else adjusts to not having this large player involved.

Depends on who buys the capacity left behind, if it's the shit eating mids, then prices are going to go up, as those thieves will collude to use this to their advantage. On the other hand if people like tsusa, big gun shops, and other bulk ammo vendors can take this capacity, it might be a net win for us, but i can still see situations where Walmart not existing causes sticky prices to stay higher, longer...

right. a lot of the folks here think everyone buys ammo in bulk and they don't. target sports is basically useless to the buy on the fly shooter.
Not quite. I hear what you're saying but I bought a 10 boxes of 223 along with some 22 and hunting ammo which ran me $10 in shipping. I didn't mind spending the $10 on shipping because I can't get those ammo prices at any gun shops. YMMV.

But if they don't, those 2-3 boxes of ammo they want are going to cost them a fortune with shipping added.
Cost me $10 in shipping for 200 rounds of 223, 500 rounds of 22lr, and 60 rounds of 308. Not sure if that's a flat rate or if it's that cheap since TSUSA is in the neighboring state?

Last edited:

-Mike
THIS![laugh]

Back
Top Bottom