WARNING for milsurp forum

SKS Ray

NES Member
Can we get a sticky made for the Mil Surp Collectors forum that has a Warning/Read before posting rule regarding people mentioning the names of distributors that sell ammo, etc. to Massachusetts residents and why they shouldn't list the distributors? I'd be more than happy to write it because I have experienced the cut off from a distributor that used to sell C&R eligible firearms to me but recently has stopped due to warnings from other suppilers.
I'm all for helping out the newbie C&R collector/shooter when it comes to getting into the world of military surplus firearms, but don't want to see places that ship to myself and others get pounded by the Massachusetts AG and other gun grabbers because someone mentions a name of a distributor that is Mass friendly.
I know the moderators have their hands full dealing with posts that are considered either off topic or have broken rules and they do a great job of keeping this place clean. But being someone who checks the milsurp forum morning, noon, and night, I see posts stay up for a few hours before they're edited and thats all one of the Massachusetts stormtroopers need to see a name of a company that ships here.[sad2]
I don't want to step on toes and I know not everone can be on here as much as I check the forums, but I'd be more than happy to moderate the milsurp collector forums and kindly refer posters to a sticky about mentioning distributors.

Is that why my thread is missing?

I'm in NH & wasn't asking for anything MA friendly.

But yet my thread was deleted.. Who F'd it up? [laugh]

Sorry, but that'd be me.
I know you're in a free state and I'm green with envy the things you can buy that us Mass folks can't. Unfortunately the majority of posters on here are from Massachusetts and its my thinking that any mention of distributors mentioned here could be subject to threats from our gun grabbing law makers that will cause them to stop dealing with Massachusetts C&R holders.
I normally wouldn't give two 7.62x39 rounds what the antis thought, but having experienced first hand the refusal from some companies when it comes to shipping perfectly C&R eligible firearms to C&R license holders just because we live in Massachusetts has me safe guarding every link possible.

It's a sad state of affairs that we even have to be concerned about or be wary of this kind of monitoring. [sad2]

I don't know if it's doable, but perhaps some sort of filter/flag/lock could be applied that would not allow any urls/links to be posted in the Milsurps forum?

Once a link/URL is flagged and a moderator determines that the link is kosher for posting, the mod could allow the link/URL to be posted.

Hmm.. yes, MA regs stink & I am glad I left there & I will never return there as a resident.

As far as shipping & acquiring things, I'm sure there's MA members of this forum that are FFL holders & perhaps they'd assist you & you can have items shipped to the FFl. Sure it'll cost a few extra bucks, and is an extra hassle to remain compliant, but yes, I see your concern. Pretty F'd up that the state allows particular items to be sold FTF or even via retail but not via shipping.

Are you saying us folks from ME, NH, VT can't post info about dealers that ship to us? Remember, this is NORTHEAST SHOOTERS, not MASSACHUSETTS SHOOTERS.

Are you saying us folks from ME, NH, VT can't post info about dealers that ship to us? Remember, this is NORTHEAST SHOOTERS, not MASSACHUSETTS SHOOTERS.

No, we just dont want places that ship to MA listed...[thinking]

Back
Top Bottom