Was having trouble with my 10/22 jamming.

I was having problems with my 10/22 jamming. I ordered a KIDD extractor and changed it out. I shot 100 bullets that I was having trouble with and with the new extractor didn't have one hiccup. I am one happy camper. [grin][grin][grin][grin]

nice. i have some kidd parts in my 10/22s but not an extractor. he makes decent upgrade parts for a reasonable price. enjoy that ruger.

I wonder if they have one for the SR22, having similar issues.

If your bolt is the same as the 10/22 ( which it probably is ) KIDD should have the upgraded parts. Call 830-557-KIDD(5433) and ask them.

Now that is spitting out rounds how is it shooting.

10/22 and most 22s are prone to extractor problems.
What I have found over the 30 years or so shooting them is often to much lube is used and the lube attracts that nasty 22lr gritty powder fouling.
This stuff gets into the nooks and crannies and often when hard can look and feel like steel. It gets into the extractor groove and slowly builds up.

Every 22 I bought that had "issues" other than ones with obvious broken or missing parts was fixed with a deep cleaning.

Had this issue with my SR22, checked in with Ruger customer service and they had me send it in. It came back within 3 wks and performs flawlessly even with the crappiest 22LR ammo

Worth giving contacting them for service

I wonder if they have one for the SR22, having similar issues.

Back
Top Bottom