was Stechkin pistol ever imported in semi?

never. Since it's select fire, you can "make it" semi only rather easily with whatever legal consequences (take your wild guess what it is)

It doesn't help that APS is prized, back in motherland. Some forces still use it to this day (as are Mosins, believe it or not) If you got fistful of dollars, getting one isn't easy and will be pretty expensive, so parts are scarce and ridiculously expensive. I only seen a few mags for sale on GB here in the states.

In semi only, it's a pretty gun. The full auto feature is pretty ingenious solution and a text book example of good process engineering.

As Boris stated select fire only.
"The Stechkin uses a 20-round magazine as standard, and has a selector switch allowing single shots or automatic. It was originally issued with a combination shoulder stock/holster (much like the Mauser 1896) to allow more precise shooting, and was supplied to support troops like tankers, RPG carriers, and artillerymen. It became apparent, however, that a machine pistol was not a particularly practical weapon, and the Stechkin was slowly withdrawn from use. The weapon received a bit of new life in the 70s, when some existing stocks were updated for Spetsnaz use, with the addition of sire stocks, threaded barrels, and sound suppressors." However it is currently being by Stechkin Girl
Stechkin.png

in terms of current use, a lot of snipers have used it as a backup weapon, a lot. You typically have 5 mags, that's a lot of lead to throw. A lot of them are in Chechnya and nearby republics, having and carrying one is a status symbol.

The solid wood or bakelite holster that doubles as stock are really nice to keep it relatively clean.

mag pouches are usually go in four, artist need to update Stetchkin girl.

bb4f902d6161ae1b37cb6b2d41a63be9.jpg

Yeah, "once a machine gun - always a machine gun". I have heard (unconfirmed!) that there are some converted to semi-only APS-s imported to Germany.

Other than that - in semi version it is pretty much a big Makarov. Magazines are like rifle magazines - dual feed. APS should be quite expensive to produce, a lot of machining.

it was my side firearm for number of years back in a days. I also had pleasure to fire it here in the states, it was full auto dealer sample.

Back
Top Bottom