• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WASR-10

PATRON

NES Life Member
NES Member
Just picked up a WASR-10 from Greg at GFA ARM TECH. Now as we all know for some people the word WASR means a piece of shit when it comes to AK rifles,If it was another store I would have not touched it. But I know Greg would not sell me junk! Well I put 200 rounds threw this rifle shooting at a steel plate at 100 yards with no problems. I used three different types of mags four different types of ammo, had this rifle to the point where you could see smoke comming of the barrel.This rifle is a keeper.Thanks Greg !

Last edited:
Agree, have had one for years and always been flawless. Never understood why just because they were made for single stack mags then dremeled out to accept doubles means they are junk to so many.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

Agree, have had one for years and always been flawless. Never understood why just because they were made for single stack mags then dremeled out to accept doubles means they are junk to so many.

They have a reputation for having canted front sights and when the mag wells were widened century did a sloppy job on some but not all. Oh and trigger slap too. These are the reasons they get a bad rap, that being said, I want one.

They have a reputation for having canted front sights and when the mag wells were widened century did a sloppy job on some but not all. Oh and trigger slap too. These are the reasons they get a bad rap, that being said, I want one.

I am not a lover of century but I have to say they did a good job on these rifles.

I think Century has done a much better job over the last few years. The issues with the sight and mag wobble are not major issues. You can look them over and avoid these problems. Adjusting a front sight if you need to is not a big deal. As far mag wobble goes I have less in my Wasr then I do in my AR, and none at all with tapco mags. The Tapco triggers they install in these is also great as far as AK triggers go.

I have a wasr 10 and think for the price it was a great buy. I have the Tapco g2 trigger installed which eliminates all trigger slap. If you take your time when buying one and check for the canted front sight and gas block you can pick up a great rifle. Just enjoy the tedious hours of removing the evil cosmoline grease.....

Yes, they all come with Tapco triggers now. No more slap. Also you can handle the gun first and check the sights and magazine well. Before I bought mine, I put in a magazine and checked the fit and looked at all the sights. Out of the 4 they had a Blue Northern, 2 of them were slightly canted. The one I got is awesome. Nothing wrong with WASRs as long as you pick out a good one.

So what's a fair price for a WASR today? I have an under folder Yugo M70 with black plastic furniture, but would like a more traditional looking AK for the collection.

So what's a fair price for a WASR today? I have an under folder Yugo M70 with black plastic furniture, but would like a more traditional looking AK for the collection.

Four Seasons has them for $629. They come with 2 preban mags.

FWIW, I've seen these for $599 with NO mags. That one baffled me...

They have them in stock at Collectable in Merrimack. If memory serves, less than $600.

I have seen good and bad ones. Any dealer who knows they got a canted sight one should send it back to century......I bought one as part of estate. Shot well minute of torso @ 100 yards, what its designed for. This one had the tapco 2 trigger. Much better than any Ak factory trigger I have ever used. Function was flawless. I sold mine off for what I paid.

Have one and cant look back, I have heard some of the issues and am surprised by it, ive got a few hundered rounds through mine and no stoppages, misfeeds or issues that could cause me to turn my back on it. make sure you get all the cosmoline out and a good once over and to the range one goes!

When it matters, I'd be willing to bet my life on my WASR...it will shoot anything you feed it and I hold decent groups at 100 yards

I have an wasr on my wish list. But not familiar with a few terms thrown around this post. Anyone care to help me out with what a canted sight and a slapback trigger is? thanks guys

WASRs are fine but not for 600 bucks. I like my Bulgy's better for that money, and my purple one cost me significantly less than that to build.

The Bulgy AK74 I built is still my favorite, though. No mag wobble on that one. The red star trigger is nice too once you get it adjusted and then completely forget about the fact that it's adjustable and probably should be a little better than it is. The double hook in the Bulgy 47 I bought would probably be my first choice for a trigger for an AK, but I don't really seem them around.

yeh, if i'm gonna spend $600 on a firearm, it's not going to be a P.O.S. AK.....
MAYBE 325.....

explains why i don't have an AK yet....

I say the same thing. I don't mind spending $600 on a firearm, but not an AK. Glock 19 is definitely the next buy for me.

But $600 for an AK is like $40,000 for a Kia. [rofl]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

WASRs are fine but not for 600 bucks. I like my Bulgy's better for that money, and my purple one cost me significantly less than that to build.

The Bulgy AK74 I built is still my favorite, though. No mag wobble on that one. The red star trigger is nice too once you get it adjusted and then completely forget about the fact that it's adjustable and probably should be a little better than it is. The double hook in the Bulgy 47 I bought would probably be my first choice for a trigger for an AK, but I don't really seem them around.

yeh, if i'm gonna spend $600 on a firearm, it's not going to be a P.O.S. AK.....
MAYBE 325.....

explains why i don't have an AK yet....

I say the same thing. I don't mind spending $600 on a firearm, but not an AK. Glock 19 is definitely the next buy for me.

But $600 for an AK is like $40,000 for a Kia. [rofl]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

922r Compliance...go single stack for $300; I wouldn't pay $600 for my WASR either

I have an wasr on my wish list. But not familiar with a few terms thrown around this post. Anyone care to help me out with what a canted sight and a slapback trigger is? thanks guys

A canted sight is when the front sight is not centered on the barrel properly so it leans either left or right. If it's too much you can't adjust the sights properly. Mine is pretty canted but with the post all the way to one side it works fine.

Trigger slap is caused by the particular trigger group in the gun. There is a little nub on the disconnector that is impacted that causes it. Not all will have it but it's as easy as switching out the one part or grinding down the nub.

One thing you guys should realize is that with the buying panic that's been taking place for a number of years now just about every gun capable of taking a high cap mag has gone through the roof in price.

Sure WASRs were $350 five years ago, but a thousand round case of 7.62x39 ammo was also $120.

When mail order distributors are selling WASRs for $499, its a safe bet you'll never see an AK variant again in MA for under $550 unless its a Saiga in original configuration and even those have gone way up from when they were $299.
Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

SKSRAY is right. I bought my 2 AKs (one folding stock) a couple years ago before they went to the current prices. buy it now or you'll be saying you'd buy one at $549 if you could find one (as Keith mentionsthe current price in the collectable arms post) because the price would be higher with the election obamascare. Anyone remember not being able to find/buy an AR/AK just 4 years ago?

Originally I did not believe this BS hype that the AK didn't jam, leave it in the mud blah blah etc....I decided I would not clean it until it jammed................... That was over 1000 rounds ago. I have not cleaned it yet and I don't even remember how to disassemble it any more LOL!!! I just brought it to GPPIV and threw a couple hundred down range. no problems....

I am a believer now..

PS, i am actually thinking I may have to clean it because I am starting to feel guilty

Back
Top Bottom