Watch "Fast & Furious" Hearing Live @ 10:00 am

Newell is the biggest liar I have seen in a long time. He refuses to answer questions and keeps going back to the old song of "Policy". He is covering for some one.
Looks like McMahon is ready to take the hit for some one else. Canino and Gil are most likely the most credible witnesses.

I really hope there is more to be exposed.

Is this the new, 3rd Set of Books we're just now getting a glimpse of?

I only caught the last 30-40 minutes and I have to say that the democratic party has lost their effing marbles. Every democrat I heard speak didn't even talk about what the hearing was called for. They used it, instead, as a podium to talk about gun control issues. They should have been cut-off immediately and told to speak about the subject at hand or not to speak at all.

That's what I saw. It was pathetic.

Good afternoon everyone.

C-SPAN 3 has just announced that the House Oversight CMTE: Federal Smuggling Sting Operation will air tonight at 7:00 PM ET.

Grab a choice of beverage and snack and watch out for your computer if you choose to watch.

Take care!

[smile][crying][smile][crying][smile][crying] Not sure which one to do.[rofl]

Last edited:
I only caught the last 30-40 minutes and I have to say that the democratic party has lost their effing marbles. Every democrat I heard speak didn't even talk about what the hearing was called for. They used it, instead, as a podium to talk about gun control issues. They should have been cut-off immediately and told to speak about the subject at hand or not to speak at all.

They had nothing to say because the ATF's actions and their leader's 'testimony' (or lack thereof) are simply indefensible.

I read on a Marine forum that they had met on Wed. According to sources..Newell the head of Arz ATF emailed his friend who is Head of Whitehouse Security and told him in Sept what was going down.

It was Tuesday. Newell flapped his gums alot but nothing of substance came out. He kept going in a rather small circle. Some of the people questioning them gave him a verbal beat-down for not answering questions. Canino was up front and honest. In the end some of the liberals started whining "guns are baaaad....what bills should I introduce?...we need more laws...why are we worried about mexico when guns are trafficked to placed like Detroit and DC?....REGISTER LONG GUNS!!!...baa baaa wahh wahh wahh[crying] etc. Issa called them out when they said they were pro 2A, they said the NRA owned him...it became a pissing contest that ended when one of the butthurt lib's went on a totally and utterly unrelated rant at the end. over all it was kind of fun.

This is from the GOAL facebook page, I cant get on youtube right now, so I cant say how long this is or if this link works that well. A youtube search might turn up something better.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...mYlYI&feature=channel_video_title&h=xAQDiFoKU

Last edited:
the next hearing has not been scheduled yet. I typically watch for them pretty close as I have been following this since the get go, I will definitely post up as soon as I hear of something scheduled.

As an aside, I am stunned that the MSM including Fox News is still barely covering this story. I know the budget is huge news, and Amy Winehouse died, and Lindsay Lohan was out drinking, but still! Come on!

As an aside, I am stunned that the MSM including Fox News is still barely covering this story. I know the budget is huge news, and Amy Winehouse died, and Lindsay Lohan was out drinking, but still! Come on!

Lou Dobbs and Judge Nap on FBN were both talking about it last night. Lou Dobbs seems to bring it up every time there is an update in the story, although some more would be nice.

Anyone know if the Senate oversight comm meet on wednesday? if so any transcripts?

If you have some time on you hands:

http://oversight.house.gov/images/stories/Reports/FINAL_FINAL.pdf

The Department of Justice’s Operation Fast and Furious:
Fueling Cartel Violence
JOINT STAFF REPORT

Prepared for
Rep. Darrell E. Issa, Chairman
United States House of Representatives
Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
&
Senator Charles E. Grassley, Ranking Member
United States Senate
Committee on the Judiciary
112th Congress
July 26, 2011

Last edited:
I just skimmed through the above link, and its kind of funny, Newell doesn't seem to be quoted once in the findings. Canino has a fair amount of coverage.

If this part of the scandal gets any legs, the international community will make the presidency a position completely null and void of credibility. This goes far beyond embarassing obama and the dem party, this makes a mockery of our country and it's supposed "professional federal agencies". Good luck getting resource cooperation from countries after this debacle. He has truly f***ed himself if this makes it to the top.

From the link above:

Well, today a bombshell dropped. It's not just the Justice Department that looks culpable -- it looks like the White House was briefed on the operation as well:

At a lengthy hearing on ATF's controversial gunwalking operation today, a key ATF manager told Congress he discussed the case with a White House National Security staffer as early as September 2010. The communications were between ATF Special Agent in Charge of the Phoenix office, Bill Newell, and White House National Security Director for North America Kevin O'Reilly. Newell said the two are longtime friends. The content of what Newell shared with O'Reilly is unclear and wasn't fully explored at the hearing.

This was the point/subject where Agent Newell was asked if he had correspondece about F&F with O'Reilly. Also asked was what does it mean when you start an email with "you didn't hear this from me.."

Newell stated he did not have "specific conversations" about F&F thus avoiding the question. Well he wasn't let off the hook and he was asked did they speak/email generally in conversations about F&F? Agent Newell acknowledged he did discuss the subject during "general conversations".

The Oversight Committee knew they were not going to get anything out of him during the hearing. Newell will be compelled to answer why he was corresponging via emails that started with; "You didn't hear this from me."

Newell stuttered and the Chairman just went on to another panelist. He, (I believe Issa) was very upset!

Last edited:
Not just Issa, a couple of the other panelists ended up being angry/disgusted with Newells' answers' lack of substance. One of them, his name escapes me (short grey hair, short close cropped beard?), was heated when he was done. You could tell by his tone and the way he slapped the mic away after he turned it off.

ETA: This is what I was remembering.
Did you see the move when he ended his time and handed over the floor? Gowdy is pissed

"You NEVER let guns walk, a first year at Quantico knows that!"

Last edited:
Not just Issa, a couple of the other panelists ended up being angry/disgusted with Newells' answers' lack of substance. One of them, his name escapes me (short grey hair, short close cropped beard?), was heated when he was done. You could tell by his tone and the way he slapped the mic away after he turned it off.

ETA: This is what I was remembering.

I AGREE! I found his 5 Minute allotment on youtube. Trey Gowdy's personal youtube site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfrqCUXJehc&feature=player_embedded

Sorry I don't know how to post the video so it shows up on the screen like others.

Take care!

Last edited:
New info on Fast & Furious. Hope this story continues to develop. Still no word on when the next hearing is scheduled.

Confirmed: ATF Operation Fast and Furious Armed Sinaloa Cartel

Operation Fast and Furious was created to channel American firearms to members of Mexico’s Sinaloa drug cartel. A report from Senator Chuck Grassley’s office confirms the facts of the matter and traces the chain of command straight to the DOJ. foxnews.com reports that . . .

Lanny Breuer, the head of the Criminal Division of the Justice Department in Washington, D.C., was allegedly told that the ATF had successfully helped sell 1,026 weapons worth more than $650,000 to members of the Sinaloa cartel. The briefing included all top ATF officials, including the agents in charge in Los Angeles and Houston, as well as a half-dozen top Justice Department attorneys.

Read the rest here

Back
Top Bottom