Water Heater Help.

fencer

NES Member
Anyone out there familiar with hot water heaters?

Amtrol Top Down water heater displaying error code E3. I have the manual and know what the code means but I can't figure out how to reset the control.

Like everyone else on the South Shore we lost power for 9 hours today.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. 3 kids and work/school in the morning

Thanks

ETA: Sorry, just realized I posted this in the wrong forum

Last edited:
Anyone out there familiar with hot water heaters?

Amtrol Top Down water heater displaying error code E3. I have the manual and know what the code means but I can't figure out how to reset the control.

Like everyone else on the South Shore we lost power for 9 hours today.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. 3 kids and work/school in the morning

Thanks

ETA: Sorry, just realized I posted this in the wrong forum

Fixxah is a licensed plumber who replaced our water heater not long ago. And he is a great guy to boot!

The manual should have the error codes in troubleshooting section. I am not familiar with that unit but can replace it for you.[smile]

Thanks Guys. The error meant that during it's last heating cycle it failed to get within 10 degrees of its set temp. Apparently that is what happens when your 19 year old daughter decides to take a 20 minute shower right after a power outage.

I just powered it off and reset the temp.

The unit is less than two years old but I will definitely keep you in mind for a couple of things I have coming up.

Thanks again

I've never figured out why these teenagers take such long showers, they don't do anything to get dirty let alone sweat to warrant that long of a shower.

Back
Top Bottom