Wayland - Limit Carrying of Weapons in Town Buildings and to Town Events

The Board of Selectmen will hold a Town Meeting Warrant Hearing at their meeting on Monday April 22; the agenda lists the time as approximately 7:30-8:45pm. The Petitioners are requested to appear to discuss their articles with the BoS, Finance Committee, and Town Moderator prior to Town Meeting.

It is a chance to see if the Petitioner is planning any changes to Article 24 as it is presented in the Warrant, or challenges to the Finance Committee commentary. Any Wayland citizens interested in this article should try to make an appearance. If you can't make the meeting in person, it should be streaming on https://www.waycam.tv/home

I’m sure he will make changes again. Could you bump this thread again on the 22nd?

The Board of Selectmen will hold a Town Meeting Warrant Hearing at their meeting on Monday April 22; the agenda lists the time as approximately 7:30-8:45pm. The Petitioners are requested to appear to discuss their articles with the BoS, Finance Committee, and Town Moderator prior to Town Meeting.

It is a chance to see if the Petitioner is planning any changes to Article 24 as it is presented in the Warrant, or challenges to the Finance Committee commentary. Any Wayland citizens interested in this article should try to make an appearance. If you can't make the meeting in person, it should be streaming on https://www.waycam.tv/home

Bump for tonight’s public hearing

Another bump for Town Meeting and a NO vote on Article 24. It resumes tonight at 7pm with Art 13. Article 24 will be late tonight or on Wed.

You can follow on WayCAM and head to the High School Field House when it gets close to coming up.

Great news. Wayland is next to me so I wouldn't be surprised if this nonsense hits the surrounding towns as well.

Great news. Wayland is next to me so I wouldn't be surprised if this nonsense hits the surrounding towns as well.

In Wayland Duane Galbi is the one who keeps petitioning for these articles. I don’t expect that Galbi will convince people in your community to do the same. However, you may end up having to deal with your own homegrown pest.

The jerks proposing this are banking on the fact that most of the towns citizens have no idea you need a license to carry at all.

Some time back, after the petitioner filed his first petition, he claimed that someone drove by his home, honked at him, and flipped him off. The petitioner believes that was a club member and he then called the police. He repeated his allegation to the press and it appeared in the local town paper. THIS INCIDENT HURT OUT CAUSE. Yes, I’m shouting.

I despise the petitioner. I think he is wrong in every way. It pisses me off that I will be spending my time, once again, to fight his nonsense.

But do not help the petitioner by doing something similar or suggesting doing something similar.

Some time back, after the petitioner filed his first petition, he claimed that someone drove by his home, honked at him, and flipped him off. The petitioner believes that was a club member and he then called the police. He repeated his allegation to the press and it appeared in the local town paper. THIS INCIDENT HURT OUT CAUSE. Yes, I’m shouting.

I despise the petitioner. I think he is wrong in every way. It pisses me off that I will be spending my time, once again, to fight his nonsense.

But do not help the petitioner by doing something similar or suggesting doing something similar.

What if he just made the whole thing up?

I realize that, in MA moonbat town optic distortion land, it's basically a distinction without a difference.

-Mike

What if he just made the whole thing up?

I realize that, in MA moonbat town optic distortion land, it's basically a distinction without a difference.
I don’t know whether he made it up or whether it happened. Either way, press coverage of his allegations didn’t help us.

It won’t help us if someone harasses the petitioner or even just suggests ways to harass the petitioner.

I truly understand people‘s emotions about him. I share those emotions. But we can’t give him any ammunition, and we have to assume that anything written here will make its way to him.

I don’t know whether he made it up or whether it happened. Either way, press coverage of his allegations didn’t help us.

It won’t help us if someone harasses the petitioner or even just suggests ways to harass the petitioner.

I truly understand people‘s emotions about him. I share those emotions. But we can’t give him any ammunition, and we have to assume that anything written here will make its way to him.

Too bad we can't play the same games back. Claims that he's been harassing people wouldn't ever see the light of day, and even if it did, it wouldn't matter since most people don't seem to care about jackwagons harassing gun owners.

The Board of Selectmen discussed the article tonight. The petitioner was a no-show, even though the Board of Selectmen had invited him several times to come speak to his article. They voted on a motion to support this article and the votes were:

0 in favor
4 against
1 abstention

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom