• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

WC872 - 308/223 Dorking Around

xtry51

NES Member
Throwing out a random question since it seems like shortly I will have a lot more time to play with loads in my back yard.

I have a bunch of WC872. I also have a bunch of 50bmg reloading stuff but I don't have a 50bmg yet. So.....

Anyone ever used WC872 in .308WIN or binary a .223 load?

From what I've dug up in other forums the .223 will never cycle, but there are some interesting options to potentially detonate a gun that I'm never shy of exploring 😂

I'm having trouble finding anything descriptive on possible .308 applications.

Yeah, yeah I could buy a 50bmg. Maybe after the virocolypse is over and my bank account can recover from the guns and ammo spree I went on in Jan/Feb.

Throwing out a random question since it seems like shortly I will have a lot more time to play with loads in my back yard.

I have a bunch of WC872. I also have a bunch of 50bmg reloading stuff but I don't have a 50bmg yet. So.....

Anyone ever used WC872 in .308WIN or binary a .223 load?

From what I've dug up in other forums the .223 will never cycle, but there are some interesting options to potentially detonate a gun that I'm never shy of exploring 😂

I'm having trouble finding anything descriptive on possible .308 applications.

Yeah, yeah I could buy a 50bmg. Maybe after the virocolypse is over and my bank account can recover from the guns and ammo spree I went on in Jan/Feb.
I can see if quick loads has WC872 in the data base and see what type of pressures it will piss out

I believe it was developed for 20 and 30mm cannon rounds. I'd use it in .50 BMG but nothing smaller.

It was for 20mm Vulcan. That's why you have to duplex it on lighter rounds. I'm just looking for something fun to do if I'm working from home indefinitely.

It was for 20mm Vulcan. That's why you have to duplex it on lighter rounds. I'm just looking for something fun to do if I'm working from home indefinitely.
Im sure you will find some entertaining uses for it.

Back
Top Bottom