• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

We must be doing something right

CrackPot

NES Member
Just got email from NICS:

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Section is experiencing extreme transaction volumes and as a result you may experience hold times that are longer than normal. Please know with the increased workload, the NICS Section is working diligently to resolve delayed transactions as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we do our best in serving you during these high transaction volume times.

NICS Business Relations Unit

Make it so you must get a proceed, not 3 days of no response and you may proceed. Then just turn off the computers. We didn’t ban guns - the check system is ‘down’.

I just picked up a pin weld. There was a couple of guys in the shop one was delayed. The other was still waiting.

I doubt they put to much effort in sizing the technology right when they moved away from the Call Center. The whole thing is probably put together with equipment that most private companies would laugh at.

One thing the gubbermit doesn’t do well is technology.

Bob

But Dementia Joe won on a platform of more gun control and his little buddies just passed a comprehensive gun control bill in the House.:mad:

picked up a transfer at a local shop this afternoon and there was no delay at all, very quick transaction

For handgun sales in NH, the background check is done through NH Dept. of Safety. Up until today, I have never had to wait more than 40 minutes...I just bought a revolver at BPS in Hooksett today. They said at least 2 days...damn [angry]

And they want to start running ALL transactions thru NICS. Haha. It can't even handle what they have on their plate now.

Run everything through the archaic system, have it crash all the time, and claim you'll have to wait to buy anything. The crashing won't be a bug. It'll be a feature

Just got email from NICS:

The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) Section is experiencing extreme transaction volumes and as a result you may experience hold times that are longer than normal. Please know with the increased workload, the NICS Section is working diligently to resolve delayed transactions as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we do our best in serving you during these high transaction volume times.

NICS Business Relations Unit
does the mill have residential space available? i dont think i want to be making the 1hr+ drive multiple times for every plastic gun i buy :D

does the mill have residential space available? i dont think i want to be making the 1hr+ drive multiple times for every plastic gun i buy :D
No, but you can sleep in your car in the parking lot. We'll try to be quiet when we remove your tires and battery. Jack.

One thing the gubbermit doesn’t do well is technology.

Bob
They will outsource it to Google and FaceBook so that NICS will include social media through slights of hand in those companies' user terms of service (blah blah your data will be shared with government partners...) rather than being authorized by legislation.

That would be part of the plan. Increase the number of transactions that have to go through FFLs, but don't increase NICS staff.

A large % of NICS transactions (I don't have a number, but I bet its at least 50%) are completed without a human ever seeing/touching them. "The Computer"
literally will make a snap decision on someone's cleanliness. Either it happens instantly or if not, it will get punted up to some human for review. Many get resolved within
the next 20 minutes after that. After that, it'll end up turning into some delay craphouse thing where the resolution time will vary. From an hour to "months" or "never" [rofl]

For handgun sales in NH, the background check is done through NH Dept. of Safety. Up until today, I have never had to wait more than 40 minutes...I just bought a revolver at BPS in Hooksett today. They said at least 2 days...damn [angry]
Can't say I feel sorry for you. Had to wait (not delayed) 9 days, 5 days, 3 days, 3 days, 2 days and 24-28 hours numerous times. A number of times, it's been a return trip to somewhere of 1-2 hours, each way and a few hundred miles because of the trip down, back, down and back. That's why I've been so opposed to the NH Gun Line and not living in a state with an NICS exempt permit for so long. I'll be moving back out west in a few years to one of those states again, especially if the Feds pass UBC's.

I doubt they put to much effort in sizing the technology right when they moved away from the Call Center. The whole thing is probably put together with equipment that most private companies would laugh at.
what would they size it to? They have no idea the volume of private sales it would need to handle.

Karma for buying from BPS.

bass pro uses an electronic 4473. They are making it easy with that and an electronic bound book for atf to make lists of gun owners and guns. GOA warned about this:

Does the ATF have a list of guns that you own? | GOA

shop small, shop local. GOA said,

GOA’s advice is to find a small, preferably home-based FFL — one who still keeps paper records — and transact exclusively with that FFL dealer. Take affirmative steps to protect yourself.

Back
Top Bottom