We Need a Northern New England Only Classified Section

Blackmore

NES Member
Are any other freestaters sick of wading through MA private parties' and MA dealers' overpriced guns and accessories? That, - and I know they're allowed to do it since they paid - along with dealers running multiple consecutive ads in the non-dealer forums bumping everyone else's ad to the next page?

I'd welcome a section where I could have the chance to find actual deals on more reasonably priced items I might want and be able to buy locally. Besides, I'm sick of almost every other ad having the word "Glock" in it.

Rant off.

There's more and better options than here if you're looking for private sales in NNE.

I don't hate the idea, breaking down locations in the classifieds. I've been fooled on more than one occasion and committed myself to traveling long distances to look at something. stupid me, but on more than a couple of times the true location was with held until I prepaid a deposit. what can I say...I'm a trusting individual.

How about location in the title?
I think the instructions for posting state that.

I've started doing this for items I want to sell FTF. Doesn't always work though. Maybe we could get a special symbol for the title. Maybe a purple moose or pink bear. 🙃

Capture.PNG

How about location in the title?
I think the instructions for posting state that.

F that. They're old Yankees from Northern New England. They don't need no location in their gangdum titles. That's some fancy-pants newfangled stuff that ain't required! How dare you upset the history and heritage of their current NES classified postings????

FWIW - I'd be OK. But the ME/VT/NH section (no delineation - just one section) would be devoid of many postings AND people on there would forget to post their location and Mainiacs would be made at New Hamsters would be mad at (do we have a semi-derogatory term for VT - besides liberal hillbillies?) Vermonters. It would be a funny s-show. Because NO ONE POSTS THEIR DAMNED LOCATION IN THE TITLE!!!!

Are any other freestaters sick of wading through MA private parties' and MA dealers' overpriced guns and accessories? That, - and I know they're allowed to do it since they paid - along with dealers running multiple consecutive ads in the non-dealer forums bumping everyone else's ad to the next page?

I'd welcome a section where I could have the chance to find actual deals on more reasonably priced items I might want and be able to buy locally. Besides, I'm sick of almost every other ad having the word "Glock" in it.

Rant off.
Let’s continue to divide and conquer.
Where does it stop?
Next the boundry will have to be moved because someone doesn’t want to see posts from east of the white mountains.
It’s like you want to Balkanize the site so you don’t have to read a wts.
How about a little brotherhood, or is that just one bridge too far?

F that. They're old Yankees from Northern New England. They don't need no location in their gangdum titles. That's some fancy-pants newfangled stuff that ain't required! How dare you upset the history and heritage of their current NES classified postings????

FWIW - I'd be OK. But the ME/VT/NH section (no delineation - just one section) would be devoid of many postings AND people on there would forget to post their location and Mainiacs would be made at New Hamsters would be mad at (do we have a semi-derogatory term for VT - besides liberal hillbillies?) Vermonters. It would be a funny s-show. Because NO ONE POSTS THEIR DAMNED LOCATION IN THE TITLE!!!!
Bermonters

Let's face it: There are a whole lot of things that could be implemented to improve the value and usefulness of the classifieds, but none of them have ever happened and I don't think they ever will. [thinking] Whatever could or would be done to satisfy some, there would be an equal amount of cynicism and opposition. It's an NES thing.

Let’s continue to divide and conquer.
Where does it stop?
Next the boundry will have to be moved because someone doesn’t want to see posts from east of the white mountains.
It’s like you want to Balkanize the site so you don’t have to read a wts.
How about a little brotherhood, or is that just one bridge too far?

Without putting words into the OP's mouth, I think you're misreading what he is posting.

Currently the classifieds are a royal pain in the dick to sort through as they are 90% Mass ads with no location until you open them up and read. Once you open them and get over the shock of double priced items, you see the vague locations of "metrowest" or "armpit" and know that isn't anywhere near where he is.

A couple of possible solutions which would make it easier on all involved is either the OP's suggestion of a Northern classifieds(even just one catch all subforum) or make it easier to search by state. IMO the additional subforum would not be difficult for the owners of the board to implement and it would make the classified sections more user friendly for everyone.

We could make something like it for gun shows too. Handguns go over here, accessories over in that corner, rifles in the middle aisle, flannel and jerky in the front row!

People from multiple NE states go to gun shows all over - I think they could learn from our WTS here on NES

1627570019323.png

I'm not opposed to this.

Hell, I've traveled over an hour for Karma items that others have passed on b/c they said it was too far to drive...

But when it comes to firearms, that i have to transfer through an ffl - I only buy locally or Efa10.

I'm OK with this as long as this guy's stuff gets put with yours.

at a minimum, ad titles should include State, Item, and Price. Nobody gives a shit if it's pre-ban/Healey, if this is the 5th price drop, how rare it is, etc at first glance.. if the item/price/location is interesting, then a buyer can find more detail in the text of the ad.

and yes.. there's a reason for "Dealer classifieds"..

and if the item is sold, isn't there a way to change WTS to SOLD.

Just my 2cents. I like things orderly and consistent..

Back
Top Bottom