We should be making plans

Quick bump to give a thumbs up to NARS. I won a repeater directory in a raffle in their class back in September……never got it so didn’t really think much of it. Amazon delivered a brand new arrl directory to my door earlier with a gift message from NARS. Thanks to anyone from n1fd that might see this.

Until the wind blows it down. Never put another back up after that.
Don't forget strain relief. I had a dipole between two trees and used pulleys down to rocks tied to the rope to keep tension. I also tied the rope off to the tree in case the rock came untied, which saved me once. Old window weights are a popular option if you have any of those.

Don't forget strain relief. I had a dipole between two trees and used pulleys down to rocks tied to the rope to keep tension. I also tied the rope off to the tree in case the rock came untied, which saved me once. Old window weights are a popular option if you have any of those.
Strain relief is the way to go but mine is strung between two really BIG trees with some slack in the wire and it has been up for 5 years. Its a modified G5RV about 40 feet up and with a tuner, I can load up just about anywhere.

How do you like your 891? I am looking for a portable or small base to use for POTA

The 891 is a fabulous little radio. I have one in my truck that I run strictly mobile. It is unlike my Kenwood shack radios in that it is more menu driven than my desk radios, but I have not had any difficulty with the menu system. It will probably not suit you if you require a band scope.

Back
Top Bottom